HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/)
-   -   Weight Gain (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/357917-weight-gain.html)

Kennidy's MaMa 01-17-2006 01:43 PM

Weight Gain

Just wondering How many of you are not gaining alot of weight ?? I am going into my 20th week and I have so far gained 3 lbs. This is my Second baby and I can't remember how much I had gained with my daugher at the 20 week mark. I went to 42 and and half weeks with her and gained 35 total. I am sure I will pack on weight the last 20 weeks :)

Just Wondering..... thanks !!

cad2 01-17-2006 03:21 PM

Re: Weight Gain

I am at almost 14 weeks and I have put on 1 pound but I lost 9 so I am still behind, I was under weight to begin with so losing was not a good thing it made me very weak I am 5'5 about 104 pounds now. My first I gained 12 pounds by now. From what I understand is that if your dr is not worried you shouldn't be. Good luck.

rounsy222 01-17-2006 03:24 PM

Im at 27 weeks and have only gained 7 pounds, im sure it will catch up soon enough though.
Meg

TeresaAnn21 01-17-2006 04:56 PM

I am 34 weeks and I lost 9lbs at the frist of my pregnacy I have only gained 6lbs now but lost 3lbs at my last Dr. visit. He said it was not a problem for I was overweight anyways he said I will be smaller when I deliver my baby then what I was when I got pregnant. which is good on me and the baby because my baby is growing well she weights 5 to 6lbs already.

marie81 01-18-2006 02:18 PM

At my 22wk appt, I had gained only 1 pound. I was also overweight to start with and have been trying to eat healthier. When I went for my last u/s the baby was measuring 2wks ahead so it doesn't look like it's affecting him at all.

lrguyer 01-18-2006 06:50 PM

I am at 26 and a half weeks and have only gained 8 pounds. I did not start gaining weight until I was at least 24 weeks. But I am on bedrest now, so I am SURE I will start to pack it on soon!!

Paet 02-01-2006 10:30 AM

I'm 26.5 weeks. I've gained 1 pound. Also overweight to begin with.
The doctor said the baby is growing so he's not the slightest bit worried. :)

MJCota 02-01-2006 01:02 PM

I'm 33 weeks and lost 25 in beginning..so far I've gained 4 of it back. I keep gaining and losing the same 2 pounds. lol. At my appt today I lost 3 pounds. I, myself, was overweight before so my midwife is def not worried. My little man is measuring perfect and will be very heathly. She also told me I'll weigh alot less then I did before I was pregnant. My husband said "You were sexy before..you'll be even sexier afterwards!" lol. Kinda makes me very happy! :D

Infinitum 02-01-2006 01:12 PM

I'm 20 weeks and haven't gained a pound yet. Infact, I lost several pounds during the first 3 months due to nausea etc... and haven't gained them back. I also workout everyday and eat very healthy--fish, fruit etc... I'm not overweight to begin with either. I'm sure it will catch up, but doctor hasn't said anything to me thus far. She seems to be Ok with everything when I mention my concerns.

:bouncing:

may/junemom2be 02-01-2006 07:17 PM

I am 22 weeks and I have gained 6 pounds so far. The doctor was really happy about that. I lost about 10 lbs early on b/c of morning sickness, etc. I was not overweight pre-pregnancy.

BsChickie 02-02-2006 04:08 AM

I am 38 weeks and I have gained 20 pounds. Alot of people comment on how that isn't very much but I'm just not a person who can gain weight easily. Im normally only 106 pounds and have been at that weight since I can remember. To put on this much weight was a strugle. My doctor has never been concerned. They said my baby will still be close to 7 pounds.

skeetersquirt 02-02-2006 07:45 AM

I am 35 weeks and have gained 25 pounds so far. I was not overweight to begin with so the Dr. said I could safely go up to 30 if it happened.

LovinArmyWife05 02-02-2006 12:34 PM

I have been up and down my entire pregnancy, I think I might have gained 10 pds. I am 30wks and my docotrs are completely fine with it. They tell me the weight that I have showed that I have gained is all baby, and it will be lost once I have him. It scares me to think. LoL. I have already known I'm going to have a big baby but I'm wondering how big he's going to end up being. LoL. I truly think doctors can very because some have told me that I need to watch how much I flexuate but others say it's fine. I was told I could lose up to 30 pds and still be fine. So I"m like wow.

:wave:

cad2 02-02-2006 05:30 PM

with this baby I am 4 months and had put on 2 pounds and now I have an awful cold so I just lost three. I am 5'5 and weigh 116 pounds. I have a little belly showing and am a bit thicker around the hips but the dr said that all is well and the baby is growing just fine. Right where we should be.

rounsy222 02-03-2006 12:06 PM

I am almost 30 weeks and have only gained 2 since the start of this pregnancy. I am a bit overweight so my doctor isnt concerned. I try and eat and eat and eat to gain but to no avail. The one time I want to I cant how ironic is that. Its funny to because my last ultrasound a week ago has him so big hes measuring 4 weeks early, so I guess hes probably stealing from my storage, lol. I also had an IUI so theres no way Im off on my dates either, they say if I go to 40 weeks he will probably be 10 pounds, my first was 9lbs 4ozs so im not worried.
Meg