It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User
April Moms (part 5)

Just wanted to start a new thread.

-Stacey

Last edited by moderator2; 01-28-2006 at 05:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: April Moms (part 5)

yey part 5 at last i wondered when the last thread would be closed. hope everyone is well only 22 working days left for me yey, i thought if i count in days it will go quicker

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I had my 28 week appointment yesterday. I drank the "orange flavored soda" stuff for the glucose test. It tasted just like orange soda and an hour later they took 3 viles of blood. I go again in less than 2 weeks to have one last appointment in San Diego before we make our drive back to Iowa.

My naval still hasn't popped out thank god. I swear I am taping it down if it pops outward. I don't like how it sticks out and you can see it through shirts.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Orange, I'm curious what they had to say at your appointment regarding your due date? You said you were bringing the scan results in and planned on asking what's what.. so, have they changed your day?

Someone on here mentioned pelvic pain... oh my god I have that! I feel it when I get up from sitting down and really bad when I get out of my car. It feels like my pelvic bone is going to snap! It really hurts! My ankles have also been really, really swollen and I have to put them up everyday now.

I just set up my computer in our bedroom. It was in the baby's room-to-be, which used to be our office. I'm getting psyched, but overwhelmed now that we've started working on it. I have to paint the ceiling and patch/paint the walls... it was the room that we sort of just threw stuff into and ignored when we bought this house a little over a year ago. Slowly, but surely... I keep telling myself that!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Sick,
Thats great that your working on the baby room now! I can't remember, do you know if you are having a boy or a girl, or did you decide not to find out? I am going to begin gathering things for our daughters room in a few weeks finally.
As for the due date, I showed my midwife the report and she ignored it. She said that the earlier ultrasounds are more accurate and that the baby is probably on the smaller side and so the due date they determined was off because of those reasons. That is fine with me because if I was due April 26th and not the 9th, the dates don't match up. That would mean I got a positive test when I was only a week or maybe two weeks along, which isn't possible. Plus my husband was on deployment for half of July, so being due April 9th makes more sense. Thanks for asking.

I definitely experience the rib pain a lot, usually most of the day. The achy back doesn't set in until the late evening so that isn't so bad because I can either lie down or just go to bed for the night.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
(female)

lrguyer HB User

Hey everyone!

How are most of you sleeping? I am having a terrible time sleeping, lately. My back hurts or else my hips fall asleep. Is there anything that you all have found that has helped? I am going to try a body pillow tonight. Just wondering what else works...

Old 01-18-2006, 03:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i have sympathy regarding the rib/back pain, hip problems and difficulty sleeping ditto for me too

Old 01-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I am sleeping well. I also sleep with a body pillow and a Boppy pillow for pregnant women. It helps a lot. If your not sleeping with some extra pillows, try it!

Old 01-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

I also had my glucose test done yesterday. I will get the results back in a couple of days. It was easier than I had anticipated, but fasting was really difficult for me!

We started on the baby's room today, and we are sooo excited to see how it all turns out. The crib is ready for us to pick up. It feels more and more real every day!

I too am feeling rib pain. I mentioned it to the doctor, and he said it most likely the baby pushing up on my stomach, which is inturn putting pressure on my upper-left ribs. I am 27weeks and 4 days, but I am measuring 29 weeks. He said he will get a more accurate reading on the size of the baby around 36 weeks.

I made my appointment to tour the hospital, so now I just have to sign up for some classes.

-Stacey

Old 01-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #10
(female)

curly315 HB User

Hi everyone! I am new to this website and was hoping to make some friends here.

I have been posting on another pregnancy website and found this one because I was researching dementia. My mom was just diagnosed with it and I am trying to learn some about it. I am pregnant with my first child, DH's 2 children live with us though. I am due April 5th.

Looking at some of the issues you guys have been discussing, I am in the same boat with some of you. I have problems sleeping, even though I sleept with 1-2 extra pillows. I have had pelvic pain and pain sitting - believe that is sciatica. I wish it did not hurt to sit for long period, but getting up is a pain and a half.

I have had several leg cramps lately. I know bananas are good sources of potassium and that helps leg cramps. Any one here having leg cramps too? Not sure if this is a pregnancy thing or just low potassium.

I hope you do not mind me jumping in like this.

Old 01-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #11
(female)

lrguyer HB User

Curly...Welcome! We would love to have one more person's experiences on here. I have really gotten a lot out of this site and I'm sure you will too! When in April are you due? Do you know what you are having or are you going to be surprised? Feel free to ask anything in here!!

Old 01-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Since I"m a lil slow on the up take today, I can relate to everyone who cant sleep. I'm lucky to catch 5 hours a nite anymore. I cant ever get comfortable and than when I do it seems that my husband will get online or call me and than I'm up for another 3 hours before I fall back to sleep. Sleep has become something foreign to me. LoL. And I wanted to say welcome to Curly as well.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:05 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

Hey guys just thought I'd drop in and see how things were going. I had my glucose test done yesterday which wasnt as bad as people make it out to be. Tasted like orange soda,it was cold and pretty good to me but then again the power had went off in the building and i had to walk up four flights of stairs so maybe i was just thirsty!LOL!
Im the same way when it comes to sleeping. i am so exhausted yet i just can not get comfortable for very long if my life depended on it. it gets so frustrating, esp when i have to get up for work at 5 am!!UGGHHHH!!!! And i still have 10-12 more weeks of this and im sure its only going to get worse, although i dont see how!
BTW- has anyone developed stretch marks yet? I found one tiny little one on the bottom of my stomach which isnt so bad. but i found 4-5 horrible ones on my butt-thigh!! I nearly started crying because these ones look hideous!! Looks like someone just scratched the h**l out of me. I cant believe i have these already and im only 7 months!! I just hope those stretch mark fading creams really work after this is all done!LOL!
I've also noticed the tiredness creeping up on me again, also the irritability! Oh well this is the "home stretch" and i guess thats enough complaining for now. it was just one of those days!
Welcome to the new mommies to be, im sure you'll like our little thread
Take care ladies!!

Old 01-19-2006, 01:33 AM   #14
(female)

expectant HB User

Hello - welcome Curly. This is a great board and I too have found it very comforting and supportive. I am turning 29 in 2 weeks!!! and this is my first child. Having a baby boy and very excited although..........last night we had friends over who have an 8 month old and neither myself or my partner had any maternal instincts!!! We were both so worried as we hope that when we have our own child we feel more maternal!! Is anyone else like this??? I just dont go googley over other peoples babies and i am worried as some people expect that as i am pregnant i should be maternal!!! ahhh i am worried

Old 01-19-2006, 06:43 AM   #15
(female)

curly315 HB User

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am due 4/5/06 and it is supposed to be a girl. We had the fetal u/s done around Thanksgiving and the technician was fairly positive it is a girl.

expectant
Quote:
I just dont go googley over other peoples babies
I wanted to say that my sister has never been a big baby fan either. With her first baby, I think she was concerned she was going to do something wrong, but with the second one she seemed more into the motherly role. I have known several people that did not seem to want to do anything with other peoples babies, but when they had one it was a different story. I also know some that seem happy about being pregnant, but when the baby gets here does not really want anything to do with it - and this continues as the child gets older. It seems to me that you are aware/observant of other children. Do not let other people and their comments bother you though - there are many people that do not feel that "maternal" instinct until the baby is born. You have enough to worry about just being pregnant, you do not need to worry about that too.

Closed Thread