It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Arrow Laundry Detergent

Has anyone already bought laundry detergent for their newborn? Is Dreft the only brand and how long do you wash their clothes with a mild detergent before they can be washed with regular detergent? Thanks.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User
Re: Laundry Detergent

I bought ALL Baby and like it alot. It is a lot less expensive that Dreft. I plan on at least washing his clothes in mild detergent for the first 3-4 months and then go from there. I guess long enough to make sure he does not have sensitive skin and allergic reactions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I have read that you don't have to use special detergent if you double rinse but who has the time for that. I would look in your local supermarket for their generic brand of baby laundry soap. I live in Canada but two of the stores I shop in carry a detergent for babies and it is less than half the price of the major brands.
As for time you need to worry about it for...if you have enough clothes you won't do laundry that often for them. I think with ds I only bought one or two bottles of it and when I was out of that I used liquid soap (regular) as it rinses out better.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

friday13 HB User

Do you really HAVE to use a different detergent?

Old 01-18-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I have always known that you are suppose to because the detergent that we use is not mild enough for their sensitive skin. I was just curious as to how long people usually use a more mild detergent like Dreft for their newborns. Has anyone here not used a mild detergent and not have their baby break out?

Old 01-18-2006, 01:10 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User

DO NOT BUY DREFT! It's too expensive and it's EXACTLY the same as regular detergent.
Just use whatever your using, but either use the extra rinse cycle or use half as much as you would for your clothes.
We use whatever is on sale. I have twins and do A LOT of laundry!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:30 PM   #7
(female)

marie81 HB User

My SIL just used regular detergent with her kids and didn't have any problems. I have heard if you are going to use a special one for the baby you can also use Purex or All free and clear.

Closed Thread