It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
(female)

lrguyer HB User
DHA Supplement

I got a sample of this from Enfamil yesterday. It is supposed to help with the baby's brain and eye development while in utero and while breast feeding. The main way to get DHA is from fish, but I don't eat much fish at all.

What do you all know about this? Have your doctors recommended it? Is anyone else taking it?

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User
Re: DHA Supplement

I think you are talking about the Enfamil Expecta. I had my baby just over 2 weeks ago and I am breastfeeding. When I took my DS to his first visit with his Pediatrician he highly recomended that I take this. It is for pregnant and nursing moms but I hadn't heard about it while pregnant. But I know now that my baby's Doc highly recommends that I take it while I breastfeed. So if I were you I would. He talked about numerous benefits to baby that they get including that it adds points to there IQ. It has other benefits too for babies health. Anyways hope that helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2006, 05:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

Hi Ladies!
I'm taking this supplement!

Old 01-19-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

I take fish oil, which has this in it as well, my dr recommended that I take fish oil for thew many numerous health benefits.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:10 AM   #5
(female)

Faythey HB User

I'm taking DuetDHA. My doc said its a better way to get the omega-3 because fish usually have mercury in them and too much mercury can be damaging to the baby.

Closed Thread