It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

FairyMagick HB User
Question Having an MRI tomorrow-Questions??

Hello,
I'm having MRI tomorrow. I'm late for AF. I took a pg test that was negative. I'm having a weird spark type of feeling were I would normally have af cramps. ( that is the best way I can explain the feeling) It doesn't hurt just feels different. I'm also having a pulling feeling. This has been going on for about 2 days. I have never had these type of feelings before af. I always have painful cramping. My question is how often are PG tests wrong? I'm worried about the MRI. I am pretty regular and I'm about 4 days late. I really need to have this MRI. I have been waiting forever to get it done. Could my test be wrong? Or are they usually always right on?

Old 01-18-2006, 07:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Re: Having an MRI tomorrow-Questions??

It could be that you just dont have enough hcg in your system yet. Since you are currently ttc (?) and are late you really dont want to take a chance. I would inform the tech of the situation and maybe your doc can order a blood test just to be absolutely positive before going on with the mri. but i wouldnt do it just in case you are pregnant, with the magnetic fields and all you really dont know what it could do to your baby in this critical stage of development. Let your doc and the tech know before hand just to be on the safe side I hope this is your month but if not, well at least you'll be able to get your mri done. good luck and let us know how it goes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

If there is even a slight chance that you are pregnant do not go forward with the MRI. Tell the tech. They will be able to reschedule you. Home pregnancy tests do not always give you the most accurate results--especially if you just got pregnant.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

FairyMagick HB User

Hi ,
Just wanted to thank you for your posts and let you know that I told the tec about my possible pregnancy. He actually asked me before starting. And there was a big note posted in the waiting room. He said that it wouldn't be a problem if I was PG. It wouldn't cause harm. I had the newer MRI not the tunnel one. My lower half was not exposed. Still no AF. Starting to really wonder I'll retest in a few days if AF doesn't show up. Now I have to worry if I'll need surgery. Do they do surgery during pregnancy?

Closed Thread