It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

shannonkristin HB User
my little sweetheart

well today I got to see my baby!!! this is our first!! We got to hear the heart beat at around 9 weeks, and today i had a transvaginal ultrasound done, to make sure my cervix coul withstand the pressure of a baby, because of a past leep!! Well there was my little one as plain as day... and even waved and did some turns for us!! how sweet!!! im 14 weeks along, so everything was sooo clear. the lady couldn't really tell too good what it was, and really how can you at that point! she said that she thought that it was a boy! my intuitions say its a girl though! so we will just have to wait it out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User
Re: my little sweetheart

If they think it's a boy it probably is. seems the that often they mistake a girl for a boy but I never seen it the other way around.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2006, 05:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

Hi ShannonKristin!
So happy for you that your little sweetheart put on such a show! I hope you get your girl! I'm really not sure how they can say they think its a boy now - I always thought 14 weeks was way too soon. Besides, a mother's instinct is best! My good friend was told that her second baby was a boy - they even had the nursery done in a complete boy theme. Then when their little one came into the world, that boy was really a little girl!

So they could definitely be wrong.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
(female)

**Peaches** HB User

Congrats on meeting your little one! I had a LEEP on Sept. 13 and conceived on Sept. 28 (yes, I know that we shouldn't have been BD)! Have you had any side effects from the LEEP? What were the results of the trans vag. u/s? I am now 18 weeks and no one has checked my cervix - although I have been bleeding the whole way through. I have had 2 ultrasounds which have eliminated the uterus / placenta as the source of bleeding. What advice were you given re. your cervix?

Old 01-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
(female)

shannonkristin HB User

well... my leep was done last summer... from what i understad all cervix's are different in every woman. the length that the docs like to see is 3 cm, i had 3.35, so im in the clear. Basically all that will happen now, is i just get another one of those ultrasounds at 20-22 weeks, and they check it again, and after that just a few peeks up there to make sure everything is fine. I had myself really worried about it, and it was really nothing to be scared of now that i know that everything is fine! the ultrasound didn't hurt of even feel uncomfortable, they put enough lubracation on it. Who can even think of that thing there, when your sweetheart is holding your hand, and you are catching the first glimpses of your little one! the funny things is that since it is my first one, i show just a little, but not every much, all of my maternity stuff is soooo big yet... its going to be funny when i get big, since i am only 4'10!

Old 01-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
(female)

**Peaches** HB User

Thanks for the info. - it's exactly what I was wondering, and puts my mind at ease to know there's ways of measuring. I'm also petite, and at 14 - 15 weeks I felt kinda silly even wearing maternity clothes, but my regular ones were starting to feel uncomfortable. Well now at 18 weeks my "now and after" maternity pants just don't cut it! I have to go buy some full panels ASAP! I guess when you're petite there's no where to grow but OUT :-)

Closed Thread