It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #1
(female)

laydielov22 HB User
Unhappy low lying placenta!!!

I went to the doc yesterday and had a sonogram to determine the sex of the baby and they found out that my placents was lying low. I was wondering have anyone ever experienced this and what happend in the pregnancy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2006, 10:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
Re: low lying placenta!!!

Yes, I have experienced this twice. The good thing is you don't have previa. There is a very very good chance that the placenta will migrate up as your uterus grows. I just had to have more ultrasounds to monitor it and both times it moved out of the way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2006, 10:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22greatkids
The good thing is you don't have previa.
I guess I'm mistaken but I thought Placenta Previa whether partial or complete was a low lying placenta.. ??

Well, I had partial placenta previa that corrected itself. It actually moved to complete previa then kept shifting and is posterior. Like Mom22 said, I just had alot more ultrasounds (which to me was a little bonus, I like getting to see my little guy more often than I normall would).

Old 01-19-2006, 12:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User

I guess it varies on what it is called. I was told by one doctor that I had partial previa and by another that that low lying and previa are different and that you either have previa or you don't. With complete previa the chances of it moving is less than if it is just low lying. I liked having the extra ultrasounds too!

Old 01-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i had this to at my 20wk ultrasound. i get to go back at 28wks to see if it has changed which i was told it should. i am excited to see my baby girl again.
i was really nervous when i was told that my placenta was low lying so i came home and looked it up on the computer and felt alot better when i read about it.
take care,
robin

Old 01-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

yes placentas do move although i did not have any type of placenta previa at 12 weeks my placenta was at the back (posterior) and at 20 weeks it was at the front (anterior) so as your uterus gets bigger it is possible it moves.

Closed Thread