It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Trio HB User
I fell...

Hi. A couple of weeks ago I fell pretty hard on the ice (right on my tailbone.. ) and I'm still worried about it. I haven't had any side affects that I know of....mostly just worry. I'm in my 15th week and am just wanting some input from some others who may have experienced the same.

Should I be worried? I'm going to wait till my first Dr. appointment and don't plan to contact them prior to that because I still feel fine (except for the morning sickness, of course!)

Any input?

Old 01-20-2006, 12:28 PM   #2
(female)

lrguyer HB User
Re: I fell...

Sorry to hear that you fell! I know how you feel, because about 2 weeks ago, I fell down my stairs and actually broke my tailbone. I didn't want to call my doctor because I didn't think that there was anything to do. But, my mom finally talked me into calling her. Good thing I did, too! She said that when you are pregnant, you have to call your OB when you fall, even if it is after hours. She said that the first 4 hours after a fall are the most critical. Even after that, she said that you need to get checked just to be sure. I didn't even hit my stomach at all and she said that the baby is probably fine but still should always be checked. (I am a first time mom, and had no idea about this) Anyway, she was also able to give me some pg-safe medicine to help the pain too. So my recommendation would be to at least call your OB. If the pain is still pretty bad, you may just ask for some meds. But she may also want to see you early. Hope this helps!

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

When I was about 23 weeks I stepped on a newspaper that was on our door step (in the dark) and slipped backwards through the coat rack and landed on the shoe rack, putting my elbow through the sheet rock and making a big mess!

At first it didn't bother me, other then the fact that I twisted my elbow by not letting go of the door knob, until I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and couldn't move. I was SO SORE across my lower right midsection. It scared me so bad. I layed in bed for a few hours seeing if it would get better, and as a result I had a panic attack. So at that point I went to the ER.

They did an ultrasound and everything was fine. My aches and pains were all on the surface. I was stiff and sore for a few weeks and had to take stool softeners (sorry for TMI) because "those" muscles hurt to be used.. if you know what I mean.

As for your tail bone, I've broken it twice, and it bothers me a lot, especially as I get bigger. I'm told that the pressure will make it hurt, so if you've possibly injured your tail bone, I'd probably call your doctor.

Old 01-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
(female)

BNGIRL HB User

I fell with my first at about 34 wks. DH were running errands and I was going into a store from the pouring down rain and BAM, I slipped and fell pretty hard on my elbow and my stomach. Silly me, I tried to hide that I was pregnant, but that didn't work. The employees freaked out and my husband an I got a good laugh. He watched it all happen b/c he was a few steps behind. You should call your dr. I didn't call until the next day and my nurse repremanded me. We went in for an ultrasound and all was okay, but I was bruised. I feel your pain and you should call your doc. Better safe than sorry, especailly now.

Closed Thread