It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2006, 07:02 AM   #1
(female)

Noel's girl HB User
Tell me about a c-section

I am now 34 weeks pg with twin girls on the way and I went to the doctor yesterday. Well the doctor and I discussed how I wanted to deliver, baby a is head down and baby b is breech. Baby a will come out first more than likely with no problems but is is baby b he is concerned about. He said after a is born he can try to flip b or pull her out by her feet, but there is a chance that b could get stuck and we could have complications. So of course I decided on a c-section to save my babies from going through any trauma. I am very nervous about having a section. I hear that it is very painful to recover from. So I was just wondering how bad it was. Do you bleed after you have a section, and what kind of panties do I have to get to be comfortable in, he is doing a bikini cut. Thanks.

Old 01-21-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Re: Tell me about a c-section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel's girl
I am now 34 weeks pg with twin girls on the way and I went to the doctor yesterday. Well the doctor and I discussed how I wanted to deliver, baby a is head down and baby b is breech. Baby a will come out first more than likely with no problems but is is baby b he is concerned about. He said after a is born he can try to flip b or pull her out by her feet, but there is a chance that b could get stuck and we could have complications. So of course I decided on a c-section to save my babies from going through any trauma. I am very nervous about having a section. I hear that it is very painful to recover from. So I was just wondering how bad it was. Do you bleed after you have a section, and what kind of panties do I have to get to be comfortable in, he is doing a bikini cut. Thanks.
Hey there. Do not let a c-section scare you one bit. I had one done and I will be having one, when hopefully I am pregnant with baby#2. We will be trying soon. I will be scheduled because I will be consider a high risk pregnancy because of my first one that was so unhealthy. The recovery does suck BIG TIME, but the surgery itself is about maybe 15-30 min. and is not as bad as you are thinking. Also, the spinal I had was not as horrible as stories I heard either. My anasthicologist? was fantastic and I did not feel a thing. Recovery depends on your body. All woman are different. It took me longer than 4 weeks to recover. Some woman recover in two or so. I guess I'm a slow healer. You will also bleed like a period for like 2 weeks? if I remember correctly. The most important thing, even if you are feeling MUCH better, do NOT do anything strenuous because you "think" you are feeling so well. I almost hemmoraged because of this. Best of luck to you and I just wore those damn granny undies until I lost weight. LOL.

Melly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
(female)

Noel's girl HB User
Re: Tell me about a c-section

So you get an epidural when you have a c-section just like if you were having the babies vaginally? And what do you feel when it is going on, I know you don't feel the incision or anything but I am assuming you feel the pressure of what is goin on? I know I am asking a bunch of questions but I am just curious to know becuase I did not think of these questions when I was talking to the doctor, and now that it is starting to sink in what I have to do I am thinking of all these questions now. And just one more question, did they suture you up or did they place staples. My sister is a nurse and she told me it all depends on what the doctor feels comfortable doing.

Closed Thread