It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

Oaktree HB User
Wink help with due date!!!

here goes, please bare with me, it may get confusing!!!haha
I was on the birth control pill.

I had a period on 2nd Sept, i then started a new pack of pills on 9th sept for 6 weeks took last pill on 21st october. Had period on 23rd october. Started a new pack of pills on 28th october. My husband and i decided to try for a baby so i took my last pill on 1st Novemeber, had a little bleed for a couple of days and 7 weeks later i did a pregnancy test and was positive!

can someone help with my due date please as i've explained it so many times to 2 different midwifes, and 2 dr's and i've got 4 different due dates! they are 28th july, 2nd august, 4th august and 9th august. i'm not having a scan untill 10th feb, so i would love to get a better idea, i know babies rarely come on their due date, but it'll be nice to know.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 09:48 AM   #2
(female)

calgarygirl HB User
Re: help with due date!!!

Wow that is confusing!! My guess is July 30th only because your last real period was on the 23rd of October. I'm sure your midwifes are all confused because usually when you are on a bc pill they run on a 28 day cycle. I'm thinking the little bleed you had just after the 1st of November was because you stopped taking the pill through your cycle?? I don't think you will be able to get a true due date until after your ultrasound. Good Luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
(female)

**Peaches** HB User

Wow - you're pretty much in the dark until the u/s I'd say!! My thinking would be that you couldn't have possibly conceived until say, November 10 - 17 (probably more toward the 17th 'cause your body would need time to build your uterine lining). So go 38 weeks from there (40 weeks from start of last menstrual cycle is what they usually do) and I'd say August 3 - 10 (again leaning more toward the 10th). I understand that you want to know exactly so that you know what week you're in for what's happening to you and baby. For me, the symptoms were noticable just after 5 weeks. That's when my breasts felt different than ever before, and I started to feel bloaty and constipated. At 5 weeks 5 days, I just positively knew that my body felt different than ever before. Hope that might help you!

Last edited by **Peaches**; 01-23-2006 at 10:02 AM.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User

I tend to say 8-8-05. I guess you will have to wait for the u/s. Let us know what it is!

Old 01-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
(female)

jamieleigh HB User

unforntuantly - you will need to wait till the u/s . I went to the doctor in August after being on the pill regularly - I had been very ill - (morning sickness - day sickness and night sickness) the doctor took several test then came back and told me that my birth control didnt take- I had been having my monthly cycles the whole time while I was on the pill and I was still pregnant - as of right now the sonogram has given april 15 and april 13 as due dates - this is my fifth child I think he/she will be here by the end of March personally - but that is just me. With you having your cycles on the (green pill) days - you cant even be close to sure until you have your U/S. Good luck to you

Old 02-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #6
(female)

Oaktree HB User

hi everyone!

had ultra sound yesterday and it was lovely to see my baby in there! it looks so cute already!!

they measured the size of the baby the due date i have been given is 15th august.

hope everyone is keeping well.

Closed Thread