It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
Due Dates and Ultrasounds

Just wondering if anyone else is getting mixed messages on their due dates.
Here's my story:
My lmp was Aug.17 but with the charting etc. I did I know that I ovulated on Sept.2. This made my edd May 26. I had an u/s at 5weeks 5days that confirmed this exact date. A second u/s at 10weeks 3days moved the date to May 24 (which would be the edd if my cycle was 28 days).
A few weeks ago I had my regular 18-20 week u/s and the edd from it is May 18.
In talking with my midwife she said we will stick with the results of the first u/s and my dates as this will mean that they won't induce me sooner than they should if I happen to go overdue.
What I am really wondering is 2 things: a)is the latest edd sooner because the baby is bigger (it was 12 ounces at 19wks3days) and b)should I assume that maybe I'll hit closer to the 18th than the 26th????
A bit of history for anyone with a thought on this. This is baby#2. Ds's u/s at about 19.5 weeks said I was between 18.5 and 19.5 weeks pg again we were pretty certain about conception time (dh was out of the country past cd15). I was induced with him and he was around 9 days overdue and weighed 7lbs15 ounces.
Any thoughts are appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: Due Dates and Ultrasounds

hi jordyn
my lmp gave an edd of 3rd april and my 12 week scan gave edd of 30th march. even now i am measuring big for my dates my ed remains 30th march as per u/s. all edd's are exactly that an estimate. hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

I am having the same problems myself actually. My orginal dd is April 10th, but now being diagnosed with preeclampsia I wont go to my due date, but all of my ultrasounds have said different things. They all have actually showed about 2 wks difference from what my doctors are telling me. It is 2 wks earlier than my due date. The funny thing is I keep getting your son is so big for you being 29wks. So I"m wondering honestly when they induce me if he will be about on time or what not. I guess I will just see when he comes.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

The techs are not perfect and cant always say exactly what his size is by using ultrasound. I am getting dates about 2 weeks before my actually due date but my first child was pretty big and she was about the same. They also use a scale for the ultrasound but its based on the average baby not the patient so some women can have smaller babys and some can have bigger babies. I know exactly what day I ovulated and concieved because we had to used the IUI procedure to get pregnant so there is no way I should be two weeks earlier and thats why im sticking with my easter baby date. Im actually thinking it will be later because my daughter was late, im prepared for the wait.
Meg

Old 01-24-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Yeah, I was kinda of figuring the same thing... why get excited for an earlier date when I won't likely go any earlier than my 40 week due date anyway and since I know I know almost exactly when conception was....here's to May 26th!!! With my luck, this dear boy of mine will be like his brother and have to be forced out of his warm dark hole and we won't meet him till into June sometime!!!
Thanks!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Wow, are we ever in the same boat!!! Except that my first was 11 days over and weighed 9lbs 6ozs.
My lmp was July 21 which gave me a edd of April 27. I had an u/s at 5.2 wks but was measuring 5.5 so the edd was April 24. Another u/s at 10.1 wks, measuring 11 so edd was April 22nd. Last u/s at 18.4 wks, measured almost 20. EDD is closer to the 17th. Funny thing is, they aren't changed the date so it's staying at April 27th. My question is....what if I am really due on the 17th, go over and past the 27th. Doesn't that put my baby and me at risk??? Just like your little man, my first didn't want to come out. This little boy inside me will probably be just like his brother. My concern is going 3 or 4 weeks over and having complications and a really big baby. All you can do is go by your own instincts. If the time comes and you think something is wrong....tell them! That's what I'm going to do.

Last edited by baby#2; 01-24-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
(female)

Laetitia HB User

Well, my LMP was July 19, and I charted my BBT as well, so I KNOW I ovulated on August 2. That gives me an EDD of April 25. That's what I am telling people, regardless of how many different dates I get from U/S. Actually, on my 2nd U/S (20 weeks and 2 days), I got different EDDs based on different measurements! Baby's femur measured 20w 3d, baby's HEAD measured 21w 6d!!!

Old 01-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I totally agree with you baby#2 about trusting your own instincts and if I remember correctly we have similar stories in long labours, inductions, and difficult births. Ds was actually an easy birth once he finally went to come out....it took 36 hours and 45 minutes to get him ready to be pushed out and 15 minutes to push him out!!!
However the worst part for me was the induction and the reaction to it...my son was 10 days over and not big at all but my body was obviously screaming that it wasn't time to give birth yet. So my fear this time would be that if they moved my dates up earlier then when I know the 40 week edd is then my body won't be ready again if they decide to induce me...especially if I am not really even at 40 weeks yet.
All I can do is hope for the best and hopefully use a few more natural methods for induction if necessary...the bonus of having a midwife I guess.

Closed Thread