It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Question Dropping already at 30wks???

I'm 30 wks and I can feel my baby move and hiccup way down low - (TMI) like in the pubic hair area. That seems really low! Is he dropping already? He was definitely higher up just last week, but on Friday he definitely made a huge change in position. Now I am not really sure what position he is in or where he is. Its hard to feel most of him. Anyhow, babies don't drop until, like 34-36 wks, right? Could he already be starting to drop?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by laurabelle1317; 01-23-2006 at 07:01 PM.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User
Re: Dropping already at 30wks???

Yes it is possible that he has already dropped, it doesn't mean that you are going into labor though. I found this out today because I myself am having the same situation with my son. I have actually been carrying him very low and it's possible for them to drop and be dropped for awhile. It just depends on how your pelvic is. If it widens enough for his head to fit through he will sit like that till you are ready to go into labor. I've heard it's very uncomfortable and am starting to experience the uncomfort already.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

I don't feel anything uncomfortable yet. Of course, he is still only about 3 pounds. I have been carrying him really low through the whole pregnancy and I can tell he is positioned lower. It doesn't "look" like he has dropped though. I compared my belly pictures and I don't look any lower. Although, he is still pretty small so maybe that is why I wouldn't look lower? He changed positions a great deal on Friday, and then I felt a lot of stretching sensations way down low, and now I am feeling him move way way down low.

How did you find out that your son has already dropped? Did your Dr tell you? I don't see my midwife again for another week and a half. I saw her on Friday but of course he didn't change position until after the appointment. But I have a 3D/4D u/s on Wednesday so I should be able to see how he is positioned then. Of course if he has dropped then the u/s will probably be a bust-but this is just a free follow up 3D/4D since his position wasn't totally ideal last week for it, but we still got some good pics. I will be glad to know how he is positioned come Wednesday!

Old 01-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

I've been carrying low from the begining, and have been uncomfortable in the pelvis area for a few weeks now, and I'm 31 weeks. My pubic actually feels bruised (like I've been kicked) and standing up from a sitting position hurts as the weight is shifted back into that area. And my bladder?... OI! Very uncomfortable.

I had an appointment last week and there was no mention of "dropping"... just her sitting low. Keep in mind that if his head is facing down more pressure will be put down there then if it's his butt. If he just changed positions you'll feel it, and our girl has been head down since day one, hence the reason I've been so sore.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

The only way they will be able to tell on the ultrasound if he has dropped is if they cant find his head. I know that sounds horrible, but that was the only reason I know that my son had dropped. Otherwise the doctors really cant tell you I dont believe that the baby has dropped. It's hard to say because all docs are different. I hope this helps a bit.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

Anyone else have anything to add?

Old 01-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #7
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

What exactly does it mean when they have dropped. My son is head down and he moves and Its also by my pubic hair. I can have my hand there and feel his head. Im 28 weeks isnt that really early?
Meg

Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

rounsy~

the head can drop at any time. It's weird I have actually looked into it and asked a couple doctors. It normally just means that your pelvic bone has opend enough for his head to drop down. It doesn't mean you are going to go into labor. It's all confusing. I know because my son's head is also dropped and has been for almost a month now.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Sallyz HB User

If it's like ArmyWife said, you know, that you know the baby dropped when the doc can't see it on the ultrasound because it's so low--I can tell you that this baby was down too low for him to take a head measurement from about 29 until 34 weeks (I had weekly ultrasounds due to p-term labor at 26 weeks) and now I'm starting my 36th week and he's moved back up a little. I didn't know they did that, but was happy I don't really have to worry about labor right now. I guess you never know what could happen though...
I still feel movement just at my pubic bone though, but not like before. When he was sitting really low, I felt like he was literally going to fall out--maybe that's how you know.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:06 PM   #10
(female)

Mamasita_of_3 HB User

My dd has been heads down for a few wks now but just this week you can tell my belly has dropped. I was carrying her kinda high but now my belly is lower. Im not sure if thats what you mean by dropping or the baby just in position.

David Anthony 4/16/98
Skye Lyn 5/13/01
Faith Lyn 3/20/06

Old 01-25-2006, 11:59 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

my baby has been in position for almost 2 weeks head is down but whether he is actually engaged i don't know i am 31 weeks

Old 01-25-2006, 03:38 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

Well...I had a 3D/4D u/s today...and he has definitely not dropped. He used to be head down...now he is butt down! He better change positions again soon so that he will be ready to drop!

Closed Thread