It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2006, 06:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User
Are these Contractions?

First of all, I am currently 34 weeks pregnant with my first baby so I have no idea what is or is not a contraction. I have had braxton hicks where everything tightens up for a short time, then relaxes, and these are not painful. But last night I had four "cramps" that woke me up out of a deep sleep. They felt like period cramps, but nothing tightened up?

They lasted about 45 seconds then went away. They were enough to wake me up though.

Also, could it be gas pains? I have been "gassy" latley and maybe this is the cause?

Old 01-27-2006, 06:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gel2005 HB User
Re: Are these Contractions?

could be contractions. I had back labour, but I have Friend who said that hers felt like really bad cramps. Mine felt nothing like that. I had pain through out my lower back and accross my belly and down my legs. With the pain I didn't feel myself tightening, but if i put my hand on it I could. I wouldn't worry about it if it was just those three. You would be absolutly fine to deliver now. If you keep getting them, just talk to your dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
(female)

BsChickie HB User
Re: Are these Contractions?

HI! Im at 37 weeks now and from early on I've gotten BH contractions too, some painful and some not. And for me, the stronger ones feel like when I'm about to get my period. So that might be what you are feeling. I now also feel my contractions across my chest and neck when I'm laying down, it just feel tight and a little constricting it a little wierd, but my doctor didn't seem concerned she just said its all the muscles contracting in my body. I understand that as one gets further along, BH might become more frequent and a little stronger. I know they have for me. My doctor said to just always pay attention to them and if they become regular when timing them then it could be the real thing. I wish I new what the real thing felt like. I hear some women say "you will know when it's the real thing" and then I hear some say they couldn't tell the difference between BH and real contractions, so I guess we'll see....
Just pay attention to the frequency, but I think you are experiencing the same as me, mine are always stronger at night, my doc said that the uterus is more active at night (didn't ask why) so you sound normal!! Hope this helped.

Closed Thread