It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2006, 02:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
Labor question

I was just wondering...for anyone who has been through labor before...what did it feel like right before you went? I think I have just been too anxious thinking about it. I am 38 weeks and I keep feeling this awful pressure feeling way down low in the middle, like the baby's head is pushing on me, and then some short cramping (probably a non-labor contraction). I have been feeling this all day for the past few days, and everytime the baby even moves I get that horrible, short, crampy ache way down low. Is this just the pressure of the baby or could my labor start soon? Thanks for any help and thanks for reading all my silly labor q's

Brooke
first-time mommy

Old 02-01-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User
Re: Labor question

I did have that same pressure you are talking about for a few weeks before but the night I went into labor it is a different feeling from that all together. Kind of a tight squeezing pressure from frnt to back for me. I didn't realize I was in labor got to the hospital at 5 and a half cm baby was born in 3 hours ofter that. For me it wasn't an extreme amount of discomfort until the pusshing part began. Who knows mabie all that pressure before hand for those few days was the begining of labor. Good luck>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

with my first i felt like i had to get up and go diarreah. i got up like 4 times, my mom was staying with me at the time and asked me what was the matter and when i told her she said that i was going through labor. sure enough shortly after my water broke and we rushed to the hospital.
with my second i just kept feeling alot of preasure really low. i wasn't sure what it was so i went to get checked. when i got to my docs office i ended up being 4cen dialated. i had gone in 1wk prior with false labor which was a bit embarrassing since it was my second.
i am pregnant with my third and i am anxious to see how this one will be.
take care,
robin

Old 02-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
(female)

barbicus HB User

A couple of days before my water broke it felt like the baby had dropped- it was this weird heavy feeling in my lower abdomen- when i would walk around it felt like i was carrying alot of extra weight that had not been there before- and then when i actually went into labor- it felt like i had to poop soooo bad. So it sounds like maybe you're getting close. Good Luck... it really is an amazing experience.

Closed Thread