It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
(female)

qteepie2005 HB User
Not wanting to eat.

hello ladies how are you all doing. I just found out I am pregnant maybe four days ago and haven't had achance to see a doctor yet.I don't have the desire to eat.I will be starving and take two to three bites and i'm full and won't be hungry again for the whole day.My DH makes me eat because he is worried.I could out eat a football player before I got pregnant and now I just don't have the desire to.This concerns me because I don't want to deprive myself or hurt the baby even though its in an early stage.I also get the thowing up feeling after I force the food in my mouth in which I say enough is enough.Why is tis happing I just want to eat at least like I used to be able to.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User
Re: Not wanting to eat.

I was like that for 15 weeks straight it has just been recently that I am only getting that feeling in the afternoons instead of all day long. I was underweight to begin with so it was a bit of a concern , but the dr said baby is just fine not to worry. Good luck just eat what you can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

congrats on your wonderful news.
try not to worry yourself to much about the eating thing. alot of women go through that in the beginning especially when m/s is involved.
i had m/s for the whole first trimester and even lost like 12pds. i was concerned to because even when i did try to eat it would come right back up, even water and juice. i did try those Ensures that they have out for pregnant women and that really made me feel better with all the vitamins and nutrients they have.
my m/s did get really bad where i could not even get up so i ended up calling my doc and she was cool enough to call something in for me so i won't have that horrible feeling of throwing up and i could start eating a little.
now i am 27 wks and sometimes feel that i can't get fool, lol.
give it some time and your appetite should come back.
robin

Last edited by girl75; 02-04-2006 at 04:57 PM.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I agree with Robin, those Ensure shakes are really good for you, if you can stomach anything. I went through the same exact thing when I was about 8 weeks where I had a huge appetite and we went to this restaurant and ordered a bunch of food and could barely take 4 bites before I pushed the plate away. As long as you are taking prenatals and eating as much as you can the feeling will go away. Don't worry about the baby as much, he/she will take all the nutrients it needs from your body whether you are eating a lot or not!

Closed Thread