It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User
Baby Dropped?

I'm having a hard time telling if my baby has dropped. I'm 35 weeks and I lost my mucus plug a few days ago. Since then I've had slight pressure and it's quite uncomfy down below. It actually hurts when I walk at times. Could the baby have dropped? It's hard to tell since I'm carrying low in the first place! I don't see my midwife till weds, but I'd like to have an idea now. I'm going to bring it up to her though, thats for sure! thanks ladies!

Old 02-13-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

skeetersquirt HB User
Re: Baby Dropped?

I am not sure, but I am feeling the same things. I feel a LOT of pressure down there when I walk and it can get painful at times. I do not feel the relief in my chest. They say it gets easier to breath? I don''t have that, do you?

I an guessing if not then the baby has not dropped...BUT, I am not sure!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I still wonder this and I am due in 4 days and dilated a fingertip, lol! Everyone says I would just know when the baby drops but it's not always that easy because I too am carrying low to begin with. I think the main indication is if you can breathe a little easier (it's never gonna be completely easy with 7-8 lbs. of another person squishing your organs no matter where they are inside of you!) but I also asked my doctor if the baby has dropped if you can still feel pressure up on your ribs and she said "yep, absolutely." If you can eat more at a time than before that is another indication, and I also notice these sharp stabbing pains way down there on my pelvic bone that only lasted a few seconds...I would say if you experience any of this you probably have but I guess you can never be 100% sure!

Old 02-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

Thanks Brooke! My mother made the comment today that my belly was shaped funny..and looked lower! And it is. I stick out more and my belly has dropped some. I actually can breathe better, I noticed I was breathing through my noise for the first time in forever without even knowing I was lol. The pressure is so bad at times it feels like he's going to pop out! I asked my sister but her baby dropped the day she went into labor. I'm going to double check w. my midwife on weds! Hopefully he has:-D

Closed Thread