It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

BsChickie HB User
Will I ever have this baby-need encouragement!

Today is my due date, and I am still closed up tight! If I have to hear one more person ask, "haven't you had that baby yet?" I'm going to scream! Especially now when it's time to have the baby and I was on bed rest at 27 weeks because we thought she was coming early and now she won't come out! Everyone is telling me to just get induced and we have plans next week if she doesn't come on her own, but I really don't want to do that. I am terrified of being induced. I am so tired of everyone being so impatient and wanting this baby out, they aren't going to be the ones that are there helping me take care of her! I just need to vent and maybe get some encouragement from all you lovely pregnant women out there. Anyone else at their due date or over?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
Re: Will I ever have this baby-need encouragement!

I could have written your post! I am two days over now. I am not dilated yet either, which is surprising to me since this is my third. My first was 3 days over my due date, my second was 6 days over. I'm going tomorrow for a non-stress test and they have scheduled an induction for Mon. if I haven't gone by then. I am also hoping I won't have to be induced. I'm trying all the natural stuff now but nothing seems to be working.

I don't want to go anywhere because I'm so sick of hearing "you haven't had that baby yet?" I have been hearing that since 36 weeks.

Sorry, this turned into a vent of my own. But I sympathize with you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

I feel you BsChickie! I went 11 days over with my ds (now 19 months old). I was soooooooooo huge that everyone predicted I was going to go early. Well, my due date came and went and I cried everyday after that. I ended up being induced (avoid it if you can!) and he was born on June 30th (Due June 19th). By then though I didn't care how they got the baby out, I just wanted my body back for goodness sakes!!! I ended up needing the epidural because of induction pain and when it came time to push I needed the episiotomy and vacuum to assist in my 3 hours of constant pushing. I ended up having a 9lb 6oz baby boy and it was all worth it!
I know that at the time you feel so fed up and sick and tired of all this crap but once it's all over you literally forget! I remember having everyone call all the time asking me how I was doing and why I hadn't had the baby yet. I was sick of it too. Once ds was born though I never thought about it again and just loved being a Mom!
Good luck and I hope you go into labour on your own and soon!

Old 02-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

bs
i really feel for you i have had enough of being pg and still have 6 weeks to go i am planning to start all the things i can do to encourage ds to make an entrance when i reach 35 weeks ie sex, walking, raspberry tea, curries anything. so if i go over i will go insane. i hope your little one wriggles out soon

Old 02-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #5
(female)

Kennidy's MaMa HB User

I totally Know how you are feeling. I went over my Due date ( 17 days over !) She is now 20 months old.

At the time, I was not Dialating at all and I never really did. I ended up having her C-section. But, I heard the same thing over and over ...when are you going to have this baby ? And EVERYBODY calling me everyday 2 times a day. I feel for you....good luck

Old 02-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #6
(female)

Lin35 HB User

I hear you too! 5 days over now and had 6 phone calls last night to find out 'what's happening'! Other people seem more impatient than I am though. Every day that I wake up and haven't gone to hospital, I feel a bit of relief - another day to chill out and not have to change nappies - and a bit of disappointment - impatient to meet my baby. However, one thing we all know is that child has to come out sooner or later so I am trying to enjoy the 'me' time as much as physically possible. I will never get the chance to be so darned lazy again!!

Old 02-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
(female)

Laetitia HB User

How accurate is your EDD? I ask because some women really have to make a big guess about the LMP if they had an irregular cycle or were on contraceptives when they got pregnant. And don't forget - your EDD is truly and ESTIMATED due date. Any time from 38 - 42 weeks is OK for gestation. Besides, I've heard so many horror stories about inductions ending up in really long, painful labors with stressed babies and exhausted moms (not to mention C-Sections) that I cannot imagine ever trying to force my body into labor when it's not ready.

I know when I ovulated, so I am 100% sure that April 25 is 38 weeks from that date (and 40 weeks from LMP). I'm not going to get concerned about when this baby's going to get here until about May 10.

Last edited by Laetitia; 02-14-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
(female)

sevans929 HB User

I feel ya. lol. I'm not at my due date yet, but I'm 35 weeks w/ twins and even my doctor is surprised that they've held off this long. I can't wait for them to come, and my parents and my hubby's parents call me everyday asking if I've had contractions, am I dialating yet, etc. My hubby wants me to keep them in forever (he's sooo nervous about becoming a daddy). But since I'm sooooo big, everyone says that I'm going to pop any day now if these babies don't arrive. It does get annoying, and I can't wait for them to be born so the attention can be averted to the babies, and not to me. lol.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:48 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

BS Chickie and anyone else overdue...I too feel your pain. I am not due for 2 more days and last week I was barely dilated a fingertip and my doctor didn't make things seem too promising that I would go by my due date. Only 2 days left and no bloody show...no mucus plug coming out...no false contractions...nothing. I share in your pain about feeling like this pregnancy will last forever. It's especially depressing when everyone on the Feb. mom's board had already left for the infant care board with their sweet little ones who all came early and here I am still a preggo miserable blob! I know it sounds impatient of me but I don't care if I have to be induced next week, but at the same time I'm scared of the added pain and I'd rather let nature take its course...let her come out when she's ready. Oh my, I'm sorry I've vented on about my problems! lol. I think all of us are just so emotional right now and it helps to vent

By the way is this your first pregnancy? I've heard that with your first you usually go over your due date. This is my first so I half-expected it!!

Old 02-15-2006, 01:27 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I haven't had my baby yet, however, keep in mind that a due date is just an estimated date and that they could be off a little, hopefully for your sake and hers she will come before you need to be induced. I can just imagine how annoying it is to hear people ask if if you had her yet or not. They are just curious and probably just trying to be freindly and light-hearted about it but I understand it is difficult to hear. I get annoyed with people in general easily and I always have to keep reminding myself of their feelings and what they really mean.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:59 PM   #11
(female)

BsChickie HB User

I did take Clomid so we had a pretty good idea when I ovulated so we are pretty sure on the due date. I would rather let nature take its course too but I don't want to worry about other issues if shes in there too long either.
Yeah, my cervix is still closed up tight, no dilation at all. They are having me go in Monday night to get a suppository to soften the cervix and then in the morning they start pitocin. Im trying stay positive because I had a couple people tell me their baby was really low like mine is and they went into labor from just the vaginal suppository and had their baby just hours later. So heres hoping!!

Old 02-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Oh hon, I hope you go into labor before you have to be induced. That is my greatest fear as well! I am due tomorrow and as of yesterday I am closed up tight (my doctor was out of town and she told me last week I was barely a fingertip but this doctor said closed up tight) either way, things don't look too promising. The second he left the room I started crying and then stopped myself wondering who is the baby here again? lol. I am just way too anxious and impatient and if I have to hear of one more person whose due date is after mine and they're already in labor I am going to scream! and I am totally with anyone who gets annoyed by people asking "you haven't had that baby yet?" I know they mean well and are trying to be friendly but at this point I feel like telling them to shut up. lol. BcChickie I am glad to hear that this is almost over for you and hopefully the suppository will make you go into labor and everything will be short and pretty soon you will have your new beautiful baby in your arms.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:27 AM   #13
(female)

BsChickie HB User

Ok girls, 3 days past due! Looks like the induction on Tuesday night is quickly aproaching. Yikes!!

Old 02-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Just try everything you can even if it doesn't work for some people, it may for you...try climbing lots of stairs, go for lots of walks, eat spicy food, have sex...I've heard of a woman who did it with 2 of her pregnancies doggie style and it broke her water. I want to try it but my boyfriend won't anymore because of my big belly and everything is too awkward. I know most of these are probably old wives tales but it doesn't hurt to try! I am due today and if nothing happens by next Friday I am getting induced, as scary as that sounds, I'm just ready to have this baby. It's funny how the whole pregnancy I was freaking out wondering if I have everything I need, now that I have everything all I need is a baby! Just hang in there and do like me...try not to think about it and maybe it will happen. Our babies have to come out sooner or later

Old 02-17-2006, 03:38 PM   #15
(female)

BsChickie HB User

I can't get no lov'n from my hubby! I would do the sex thing but he feels so uncomfortable because my baby is so low that her head is right there and he can actually feel it. He says it's like our daughter is watching us or she's right in the same room. Too weird for him. Oh well.

Closed Thread