It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Unhappy Still breech - Chiropractics: Webster Technique - Anyone do this?

My baby is still breech.at 34wks. I am now going more often to the chiropractor so he can do the Webster technique which will hopefully make more room in the pelvic region for him to turn head down. Anyone go to a chiropractor for this? I will be devastated if I have to have a C-section just because my little guy is breech.

Old 02-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
(female)

sevans929 HB User
Re: Still breech - Chiropractics: Webster Technique - Anyone do this?

I've never heard of the webster technique, what is it? At any rate, I hope the baby turns for you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
Veteran

sickofit HB User

I've heard about the Webster's Technique and from what I've read, if the chiro knows what he or she is doing it really can work. But don't be discouraged that your little one is breech at 34wks! My first was breech until sometime in my 41st week.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

Sickofit - Were you planning on having a normal vaginal delivery if your baby was still breech when you went into labor? That is a long time for the baby to go breech - 41st week! Wow! What were your plans if the baby stayed breech?

Old 02-19-2006, 06:21 AM   #5
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Laurabelle, I was scheduled for a c-section a week from my due date because he was breech. The day before the section he turned and I went into labor naturally a few days later. I know I was bummed when I thought I had to have him via c-section, but don't fret about it yet you still have a ways to go! Just make sure they don't try to schedule the section earlier than your due date because baby can turn very late - as I am proof of that. I know a lot of doctors say that they won't turn after a certain week because there's no room, but I think that's kind of BS.

Just wanted to mention too that with my current pregnancy this kid is constantly doing gymnastics (I'll be 30 wks tomorrow) and sometimes he's in the correct position, but more often than not he's sideways! My midwife joked at my last appointment that he like the hammock position! Good luck and don't worry yet!

Last edited by sickofit; 02-19-2006 at 06:24 AM.

Old 02-19-2006, 07:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

sickofit - Thanks for your help! Do you know what happens if you wait to do a c-section after your due date but end up going into labor before that while the baby is breech? Would they then do an emergency c-section at that time? I don't want to try to give birth to a breech baby. That's too scary to me.

Old 02-19-2006, 08:32 AM   #7
Veteran

sickofit HB User

I'm not positive, but I think that it all depends exactly what type of breech position he's in. Most likely though if you go into labor while he's breech chances are you'll end up having a c-section. Have you contacted any chiropractors yet about trying the Webster Technique? I was actually interested in that for myself. I'm not too worried about it yet, but I found out that my hips and pelvis are out of alignment and not only is it painful but I was told that it made it more likely that the baby would malpresent. I'm working with a chiro now to try to manipulate my hips back where they go, but I'm not sure if she does the Webster Technique. I'm definitely going to ask her now!

Last edited by sickofit; 02-19-2006 at 08:35 AM.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

I have been seeinga chiropractor for the past 6 months. I Started going due to headaches - and it helped a ton! So I should be in alignment - hopefully I am but if not then that could be why the baby is breech. Interestingly, my chiropractor actually took classes from Dr. Webster himself. So hopefully he will be able to help me and my baby boy out just so long as there isn't another reason for or other complications causing the breech position.

Closed Thread