It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
(female)

jenniferd HB User
October Moms?

Hi,
I've just checked in to pregnancy boards! This is my second pregnancy and loved visiting here during my first. I didn't see any threads for moms with October due dates, so I thought I'd throw it out there. I checked in on the September thread but they are all so far ahead of me that I wouldn't really be going through the same things at the same time.

The big news - just found out yesterday - is that we're having twins - OY! I'm very excited and very nervous. Our daughter will be just over two when they (oy again) are born. My official due date is October 13 but if I make it to 38 weeks we'll be to September 30. I don't even know how to start planning! The cool thing, though, is I get to have lots of ultrasounds throughout pregnancy, so I'm excited to regularly "check in and say hi!"

Hope to hear from lots of moms soon!

Old 02-23-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
(female)

befer70 HB User
Re: October Moms?

Congratulations on your twins!! Wow, that's big news, i'm sure!! i actually have the same due date as you, not confirmed by a doctor yet though. my first visit is on the 8th. did you have a feeling that you are pregnant with twins or was it just a complete shock? how are you feeling these days? my nausea is killing me and i could eat every two hours and i don't mean small meals! it's crazy, if i continue to eat like that i'll be gaining 70lbs by the end! and it's like a real hunt for food, my husband said to me this morning "how tough you have it, trying to decide what to eat all day!" and i just told him that it wasn't funny when your life is being dictated around food, it's not that i can just eat anything!! but what do they know?? haha

anyway, this will be our first and we are super excited! i had a m/c last nov. so i'm still a bit nervous this time. there actually was an october thread at some time and i'm not sure what's happened to all the other oct. mommies, so i'm glad you started a new thread!!

well, good luck with everything and i'm sure we'll be staying in touch throughout the next months!!

B.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Trooper HB User

Hi Jennifer, congrats on the twins! My stomach looks so huge that DH insists there are twins in there - even though I'm only 8wks. It really is all the gas and bloating. However, I'd be interested to see how you felt or are feeling. Did you think you were having twins?

HI Befer honey! I"ve often thought about you and the little one! I've just been really busy with work and all that I haven't posted. I can't believe they are making you wait until the 8 of March for your first visit. My OB office said that waiting was unacceptable and that they wanted to see me when I was 4.5 weeks.

I don't have the nausea too bad. And I'm like you - I eat and eat and eat. I swear that I will be 500 pounds by the time the baby comes out if I keep eating like this. Funny thing though is that I haven't gained a pound. Even though my stomach looks like it!

I have my first ultra sound next week and am really looking forward to hearing the heartbeat.

Btw Jennifer, how'd you find out so quickly that you are having twins? Did you already have your first ultrasound?

Old 02-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
(female)

jenniferd HB User

We had to do several rounds of fertility cyles to get pregnant, so we knew there was a chance that we'd have twins, I just really didn't think that there would be two. We transferred three embryos but only one of them looked really good, another was so-so and the third didn't look good at all. But it turns out that two of them hung on for the ride. It's just standard procedure to get an ultrasound at 6 1/2 weeks after a positive pregnancy test to be sure that there is a heartbeat (or heatbeats) and that the embryo has implanted in the uterus, etc., etc. Plus, they have to take a look so that they can monitor my meds. I have another u/s on Wednesday to follow the progress. Can't wait! My first appt with my ob is 3/3 - yeah! Apparently, I'll be visiting her very regularly.

I know how you feel about the eating thing. I'm always hungry when I'm not pregnant, and I've been told that with twins you have to eat an extra 500 calories per day and I can expect to gain 50 pounds. Wow that's a lot of weight! I already have a tummy, but I've been told that you look pregnant sooner with subsequent pregnancies because your body knows what to do. But I wouldn't change it for the world! I always wanted three children but with all these fertility treatments, my dh and I decided that this would be the last round regardless of how things turned out. We have an 18-month-old little girl (also conceived via IVF) and we were both pretty spent emotionally (not to mention financially) from all the treatments. So this outcome is perfect for me. I get my three children and I don't have do this again! Having three kids 2 and under will be interesting, though!

I'm looking forward to experiencing all the pregnancy stuff with all the October moms!!!

Old 02-24-2006, 10:09 AM   #5
(female)

befer70 HB User

Hi Trooper! I just pulled out the other Oct. thread to see how you were doing! Thanks for your kind words and I am sooo glad to hear you are doing well also!! Yes, I was a little concerned as well that they didn't want to see me until the 8th, but I'm ok now since this pregnancy feels so much different than the last one. I have a good feeling this time around, but then again, you can just never be too sure with those little ones, from what I've been reading from other women who have had m/c's at 10 weeks or later. I always thought that once the baby is here the worry part begins, but you really start worrying about those wormies from the moment you find out, isn't it??
Good luck w/ your u/s next week! dh and I can't wait to have ours (which we will on the 8th, at least!)

Jenni- once again, congrats and welcome! Hope all is going to go well for you! You're going to have your hands full, boy oh boy!! My cousin's wife had twin boys last year and she already has two other boys!! I don't know how she does it!! But I guess all is possible and a good thing is that women are built strong! We can handle a lot! HAHA

Best of luck to all of us October Mommies!!!!

B.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #6
(female)

mandrea HB User

Hi

I posted when I initially found out I was pregnant on the first October thread, but haven't been around much. I just went to the dr. yesterday for my first prenatal visit/ultrasound and my due date is officially 10-6-06. It was so exciting!!!

Hope everyone is feeling well. I've had nonstop nausea and have been extremely fatigued the last couple of weeks, but I'm hoping that will end soon.

Look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing this exciting journey!

Old 03-03-2006, 08:55 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

Congrats on the twins! I am an October mom too. This is my 2nd pregnancy but my first wasn't normal it was ectopic. I had an early ultrasound and things look fine this time. Don't get me wrong I am exciteded but not as much as everyone thinks I should be. I have a lot of symptoms of pregnancy like naseua and breast tenderness and since the baby isn't very big yet and I really can't feel it I am just not as exciteded as I should be right now. I am looking forward to the baby getting bigger and kicking and actually being able to hear it's heartbeat, which is a ways away yet. I am glad to have other women around going through it too. I was almost hoping for twins myself, but am more than satisfied to have one after the problems with my first pregnancy!

Closed Thread