It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

scaredhelp1087 HB User
how long after conception does spotting normally occur?

i've only been having sex with my boyfriend for a week, but already I feel sick to my stomach and I've noticed some spotting today. I'm supposed to get my period soon so I figured that was it but this is definitely lighter and a different color. We have used condoms every time, but if I were to have gotten pregnant, would I be spotting already? Thanks so much for any help.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User
Re: how long after conception does spotting normally occur?

Becoming sexually active, either for the first time, or after a long period of abstinence, can effect your period. You can spot, you can have a heavier period, it can be late, or early, etc etc.

Implantation bleeding/spotting usually occurs around the same time as your regular period. If you continue spot and nothing happens, I would test. If it's negative you can either make a doctors appointment for a blood test, or re-test in a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

If you've only been sexually active for a week you wouldn't be experiencing implanation bleeding. This usually occurs about 10 days after you have concieved.
Since your period was due soon I highly doubt you are. Plus you said you've used condoms everytime. If this is true the chances are literally nil.
If you are concerned take a test.
It would be helpful to know when the first day of your last period was, when you had sex and when your next period is/was expected.
That said, I don't think you are but if you want a more accurate opinion it would be helpful to provide the information listed above.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:35 AM   #4
(female)

jenniferd HB User

Keep in mind that spotting from implantation bleeding is extremely rare. But if you do have it, you will notice light bleeding for one to three days and then it will go away completely. Also, like baby#2 said, it occurs about 10 days after conception, and conception can occur up to 48 hours after you've had sex. Check the timing.

Closed Thread