It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User
mild cramps at 22 weeks

I have mild cramps at 22 weeks, cramps that you get before your period normaly starts, not really bad but just there. I dont know how normal this is, my gyn said there would be some pain with streaching stomach muscles but how can I tell the difference?

Old 03-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
Re: mild cramps at 22 weeks

I didn't go into labour naturally with ds but had lots of braxon hicks contrations which feel like a tightening all through your uterus. They sometimes begin like period cramps but not usually.
The labour pains I felt, although not pre-term so I am not sure if they are different were a much stronger version of these and moved across my abdomin and down to my pelvis. Often pre-term labour involves back pain as well.
I would guess that you are having stretching pains and maybe some bh contractions (mine started as early as 13 weeks with this one and are now very noticeable firm contractions and I am only 28 weeks...some people never experience them).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Najbia Shariq HB User

You should go to the doctor. Cramping can be signs of anything. Just think about when they started. Something you could have done probably triggered it. I am 17 weeks prego and I start cramping after intercourse. That's one cramping, it's just like the mild cramping I would get as if I were to start my period. Another, earlier this week I was having back cramps that came out front a little. I went to labor and delivery only to be told that I was dehydrated and that I need to drink more water. Being dehydrated can cause you uetrus (spelling, sorry in hurry) to contract. Cramping can also be a sign of the begining stages of a miscarriage. So if I were you I would start timing the cramps and if you notice that it isn't going away go see your doctor ASAP. Some women may think it's nothing and brush it off. But in time you will know all the little pains. I only say this cause this is my second pregnancy and you will get to know your body better at this sensative time

Old 03-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

i had some mild period cramps at the stage you are ds was having a growth spurt as long as it is just very occassional and short lasting i am sure you are fine. if you are concerened see the doc

Old 03-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

I called my doctor.. they felt it was most likely stretching. They just told me to lay down and if I saw any bleeding to call them.

Is it just me or does everyone have these problems? I feel like I am the only one thats havign a hard time, I see so many other women who are pregnant and they make it look so easy.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

I think that depends on how bad your cramps are. It is very normal to have aches and pains and cramps. When I was at your stage (6 weeks ago) it was about the time my uterus stretched above my belly button and it hurt and I was so uncomfortable, especially at night. After about 3 weeks my aches went away for a few weeks and now they are back.
I think a lot of women just don't reveal their discomfort...we wouldn't want to be thought of as whiners or wimps right!!! LOL. Personally that is why I like this site so much, I can vent and find out what others are going through but not have to say much to anyone about it.
I would say that what you are experiencing is very normal and probably just what most women are going through. You'll get used to it in time...until the next ache comes along!!!

Closed Thread