It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Do you feel miserable yet? Does everyone eventually feel miserable?

Soon before labor, does every pregnant woman feel miserable? Do you feel miserable yet? I am 37 wks. Everyone keeps asking me if I feel miserable yet. When I say no then they say I still have a long ways to go then. Although, I am not so sure I will ever feel as miserable as some. While sleeping problems have come and gone throughout pregnancy, right now I am still sleeping fine and pretty comfortably. It hurts a little when I get up at night to go to the bathroom (like my hips and stuff), but that's all. And I have had minimal back pain throughout the pregnancy due to seeing the chiropractor often. So already I think I am more comfortable than most women are at this point in the pregnancy. And although I have gained 28lbs, I don't feel as huge as a house. I also don't look that huge (I definitely don't look like I am due in 3 wks!)

So what do you think? Does everyone feel miserable? Do you feel miserable yet? Do some women get away without feeling miserable and then all of a sudden they are in labor? I kind of hope I have some sort of warning sign that labor is coming so that I am not caught totally off guard - even if that means feeling miserable for a little while.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User
Re: Do you feel miserable yet? Does everyone eventually feel miserable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabelle1317

So what do you think?
I think you're a lucky butt!!

I'm pretty miserable, and I'm 37 and a half weeks. My hips, pelvis and lower abdomen hurt like heck when I stand up, yet sitting or laying down is hard to because of my back or shoulders. The bottoms of my feet hurt so bad they feel bruised. I'm tired because I'm not sleeping. I can't eat very much at a time so I'm ALWAYS hungry. I'm always thirsty, which makes me pee like crazy. I'm pretty much done and can't wait for it to be over with. I'm always limping, gimping or whining about something these days. I think everyone else is ready for me to have her too, especially my poor husband. LOL.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

North of 60- although I'm only at 3months, its been a rough time so far and I can only imagine I'm going to be just like you are! MISERABLE as time goes on!

I've had the nausea since day 1, I've been stuffed up for a month now and can't breath....and my hips hurt at night, and yesterday my lower back was KILLING ME! I was miserable and it isn't even that far into the pregnancy!

Old 03-09-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User

I will say that I do pee a lot. I wake up often in the night to do this and I can barely relax in the bath tub because I keep having to get up to pee. That makes my bath tub time cut short because its just not worth it to have to keep getting up. While I do have some back pain, I think that lack of it is due to seeing the chiropractor. And I too am hungry a lot and can't usually eat a lot at one time. But these aren't things that I think of as making me miserable. Oh, I did experience a lot of swelling the past few days in my feet, ankles, and my entire legs. That was really uncomfortable. Fortunately it has subsided a lot so it no longer hurts to walk. My thighs were hurting when I walked and sometimes my calves as well due to the swelling. I think it was mostly from not drinking enough water so I was retaining too much water. I am glad its better because that would certainly have soon made me feel miserable if it got any worse!

Anyhow, interested in hearing what others have to say as well! Thanks for your reply North!

Old 03-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Misery, misery, misery..... that was me for the last month of pregnancy with ds. I hated it and cried every day because I just wanted it over!
I had bad back, hip, pelvic and sciatic pains and I had gained so much weight I could hardly lug myself around my house. I literally looked and felt like a huge blimp with all the water retention. I tell ya, the night after I gave birth I slept so good because there wasn't this huge rock hard blob obstructing my ever movement right in the middle of my body!
So far with this pregnancy at 33 wks, I am carrying on pretty much as normal as I haven't gained too much weight - yet, and I need to stay active and positive for my 20 month old monkey who is all over the dang place right now! Also, I am exercising on a stationary bike 3 to 4 times a week for 45mins to an hour at a time. This has helped me stay limber and keep the weight down. Maybe in a few weeks my tune will change but as for now it's not as bad this time around. However, I am mammothed sized already and am experiencing the same things as North....the bottom of my feet hurt so bad sometimes that I can't stand up!
As for the bath and peeing situation.....I hope this doesn't change anyone's opinion of me (not that you know me anyway) but, just go in the darn tub! Urine is one of the cleanest bodily fluids you can come in contact with! I wouldn't get out of the tub to go pee.... sorry if tmi!

Old 03-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby#2
As for the bath and peeing situation.....I hope this doesn't change anyone's opinion of me (not that you know me anyway) but, just go in the darn tub! Urine is one of the cleanest bodily fluids you can come in contact with! I wouldn't get out of the tub to go pee.... sorry if tmi!
Don't feel bad, but in water arobics class I went in the pool. *blush* I can't believe I'm admitting this, but it was either in the pool, or on the deck on the way to the bathroom. There was just no way I was gunna make it. Besides, there's no chlorine in the bath water, but I'm sure there was enough to kill the plague in that pool!

LMAO!! Too funny.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
(female)

calgarygirl HB User

Hi Laurabelle
The only signs I had was 24 hours before my water broke I cried and cried and wanted it to be over with. I cried the whole night practically over nothing, I didn't sleep too well and was miserable the next day but did alot of cleaning. At supper time I wasn't very hungry and didn't finish my plate which was very unusual. I went to lie down just before 6pm because I was so tired and 5 minutes after lying on the couch-I literally felt a pop and ran to the bathroom, my water broke and an hour later I had pretty good contractions. With my first the only sign I had was cleaning non-stop for 48 hours before my water breaking. I didn't feel miserable at all or tired or sick-nothing! By the way my first was born 20 days early and my second 4 days earlier. Good luck and be happy you aren't feeling terrible like some of these poor ladies.

Closed Thread