It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2006, 07:58 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User
Question Extreme, painful pressure in groin at 36 1/2 wks?

I will be 37wks this Friday, and for the past day (since I woke up yesterday morning), have had an extreme, painful pressure in my groin. It actually feels like the baby is pushing down so hard she is trying to get out! It hurts no matter what I do, and hurts to walk even. I can't go about my daily life b/c of the pain. I have been having mentrual-like cramps the past two days, but nothing I can't handle, and nothing timeable or regular. Yesterday afternoon, I also think I may have passed my mucas plug although it had no blood in it.

I am going to the Dr. at 2:30 today to get checked out, but was wondering what some opinions were. Does anyone think this could mean labor is near? Oh yeah, as of my last appointment almost a wk ago, I was not dialating yet, but the baby's head was engaged.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by hotmamma13; 03-20-2006 at 08:05 AM.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: Extreme, painful pressure in groin at 36 1/2 wks?

I have heard a lot of women complain of this ailment, myself included! I am only 34.4 wks and have been experiencing the pelvic pain for about a week now. It hurts so much sometimes that I cry out at night when I'm trying to turn over. Also, I feel like the baby is going to just drop out (wishful thinking) because the pressure is SO LOW!
This isn't necessarily a sigh of labour but it definitely does mean your little one and your body is getting ready for the big event! You are considered full term now so you could go anyday now!
Keep us posted and let us know what your Doctor says this afternoon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2006, 09:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Denise98 HB User

Im 37.5 weeks pregnant and I have the same feeling, but the menstrual like cramps are so bad at night that they keep me up and I dont know what to do to stop them my doctor says there normal that its the bodies way of preparing for birth but I cant take much more of this..

Old 03-20-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Warm baths ladies!!! That is my recommendation for the cramping especially. As for the pressure on your groin area, some people say heat some say cold. I'd try both and see what works....after birth they suggest soaking pads in a bit of water and freezing them (my hospital provides these for you). I'd even try that now...if it doesn't help, well atleast they are ready for afterwards. Be sure to put a washcloth around the pad as a layer between your skin and the cold.
Mucous plugs do not have to have blood...actually they usually don't have red blood but some brown or black (old) blood...atleast that is my experience and what I have read. They are usually similar to the ewcm you had at ovulation only much thicker and stickier/stringy.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 03-20-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Oh can I relate!! I am 37 weeks and I have had that for a while! I can't freakin walk or turn in bed and sometimes I get so frustrated I cry. the pain is awful, my lower abdomen and groin hurt so much!! I also cramp a lot and my bh are getting intense! I go to the doc tomorrow. I haven't lost my plug yet but my cousin didn;t lose hers till she was in active labor so I guess it doesn't always come first. let us know on the apt.
carly

Old 03-20-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

I have menstrual like cramps maybe once for a while every couple of days, sometimes it will happen in the middle of the night but they are fairly mild. I have the pelvic pain that hurts kinda bad when I wake up in the middle of the night from the couch to go to my bed or when I have cleaned and lifted things all day and in the evening when I rest my pelis hurts then too. I am 37 weeks this week. From what I read and from others stories, labor is when the contractions are happening regularly, your water breaks, you begin to loose your mucus plug, etc. We are full term now, so it really can be at any time.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User

Well, I went to the OB, and I am 1 1/2 cent dialated and 60% effaced. A wk ago, everything was closed up and tight. So a lot has happened in a wk, but they still don't think anything is happening yet. Hopefully within the next wk I will go into labor, but my OB says don't count on it. Grr..

Old 03-20-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
Veteran

sickofit HB User

hotmamma, is this your first? with my first I was closed up tight at my 41 week appointment so you're lucky!!

Old 03-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User

This is my 2nd, but I never dialated with my first.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:32 PM   #10
Veteran

sickofit HB User

oooh, you've just given me hope that maybe I'll start dilating early too!! the midwives that I see don't do internal exams, unless I request it, because they don't think whether or not you're dilated has any value on when you'll go into labor. I don't care if it will tell me when, I'll just be happy to know that stuff is happening! So, I've been thinking about having her do one next week when i'm getting undressed for my strep b swab anyway. Good luck!

Closed Thread