It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

angie22 HB User
Naomi arrived

Hello, I want to share my birth experience hoping that it is going to suport others like me.
I started to feel some light cramping by friday( my due date) and I tought that I may help things along if I will walk as much as I can so I went to the mall and walked for 5 hours wich gave me some real contractions but not too close( 15 min 10 min. apart). Saturday I didn't give up and went for a walk around the block and I walked outside where was harder for about 1 hour wich gave me stronger contractions and more regular but still very beareable. I tought that I just got myself tired and was kind of depressed but by 5:30 pm I was having regular and strong contractions,I had to start concentrating on my breathing and around 5:30 am I was waking up dh to take me to hospital. We got in triage by 7:30 am and they said that I was a strechy 3 cm and got admited by 11 am when I was 4cm. At 11 I was kind of dissapointed being just 4 cm and got mentally prepared for a long labor( first labor 29 hours). I went for a walk with my dh and best friend(support person) and had a tea and they had lunch, when we got back up stairs we took the stairs and I was having strong contractions, long and painfull and when I got upstairs I asked my nurse Louise if I can have a shower as my water was not broken yet and she took us in our birthing room where I actually took a warm bath and the contractions felt way longer but the water was helping a lot. I asked my dh to call the nurse to check me after 1 1/2 hours of being in the water and she said I was a 7-8cm and they started to warm the baby's bed and called the dr. I went back in the bath as the contractions where unbearable and my water was still intact. until my dr. came I had 3 more contractions( I was feeling like I wanted to smash my had in the walls to knock myself out ) They helped me on the bed and the dr. broke my water at 9cm and I was 10 cm instantly and started pushing( no epidural ,no laughing gas, no meds at all). My dh was holding one leg and my friend the other leg and I was pushing as much as I could and in 20 minutes out came a head full of black hair and screamed as I was pushing her body out. Naomi was born Sunday at 2:17 pm weight 6lb 15oz, 20 inches long and she is the best baby. My dh adores her and her brother is so good with her I am the most happyest mom ever. Next baby story when next one will arrive . Thanx for reading our stary and God bless all the moms and expenctant moms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: Naomi arrived

YAY Angie!!!!! Congratulations on your new sweet little baby girl!
You did a good job girl! No meds at all....so proud of you. I bet you are glad to be done with it eh?! I know you were pretty fed up several weeks ago.
Wow, that's amazing. Weird how just a few days ago we were talking about how you may need to be induced and now here you are with your angel in your arms!
Keep us posted on how you and baby are doing! Did you need an episiotomy or did you tear? How are you feeling physically?

Old 03-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
(female)

angie22 HB User

I feel so good Dawn, no episiotomy, just a small tear inside that didn't even require a stitch . I forgot to say that I feelt so good after delivery that I got up myself from the bed and had a shower. The baby was so alert when she was out , her apgars are 8 and 9. oh yes and also I didn't throw -up or pooped on the bed. We where both doing so good that we required to go home that night and after 6 hour from the delivery we where onour way home . Dh cooked since and I do almost nothing just resting that was the dr. condition. My friends came over last night just to drop off some homemade soup and food and the Naomi feeds for almost 1 hour continually and sleeps 4- 5 hours, I get up first during the night to feed her and I can barely wake her up, she is the best feeder and sleeper ever, I feel like I had no baby almost. I wish all of you would have it as easy as I did

Old 03-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
Veteran

sickofit HB User

wow, congrats! your whole situation sounds awesome!! I hope my 2nd experience with labor is as good as yours!!!

Old 03-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
(female)

mamatbg HB User

Congratulations,
I am glad to hear such good news about you and your baby.

Old 03-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
(female)

mamatbg HB User

Congratulations,
I am glad to hear such good news about you and your baby.

Old 03-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #7
(female)

mamatbg HB User

Congratulations,
I am glad to hear you and your baby are so well. Enjoy!!!

Old 03-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Congrats Angie! Glad birthing in Canada was better than Romania!!!
Your story reminds me that I am a big wimp and will likely give in to pain meds after all!!!
I am such a wimp. Glad all is well!!!

Old 03-22-2006, 09:51 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

congratulations angie
well done on the safe arrival of your little girl. my ds was also 6 pound 15 but born on the 7th march. wishing you a happy future with your precious little one

Closed Thread