It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User
Should DH go with me?

Hello everyone. Just found out I am pregnant (only 4 weeks). Yippee!!

Anyhow, I will have my first OBGYN appointment when I am 10 weeks. I was told the appointment will be about 2 hours. Should my hubby go with me to the first appoinment? I am not even sure what they are going to do at the appointment and if anything "special" will happen that my DH may want to be a part of.

I figure there are some milestones that he may want to be a part of - but which appointments are good to share with your hubby? I don't want to drag him to something that would only bore him.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #2
(female)

LABOR HB User
Re: Should DH go with me?

oh no i think the first appt is important.. specially if they do and ultrasound which most likely they will.. you get to see your baby although it does not look like one yet..lol.. but you can also see the heart beat it is just something nice that both of you should share..the first time is just a preg. test and the ultrasound..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

*Stace* HB User

Hmmm...that's up to you and hubby, really. My first appointment, I was 12 weeks, and hubby would have been bored out of his mind at first, not to mention probably a little grossed out...they'll ask you a bunch of questions about your medical history and your family history regarding certain things, you'll have blood drawn, and you'll most likely also have a pap done. The only parts my hubby would have been interested in would have been hearing the heartbeat and seeing the ultrasound, but I think 10 weeks is too early to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler, and not all doctors do ultrasounds on the first visit.....and actually, hubby couldn't have gone to that appointment anyway, he can't just leave work in the middle of the day (he's in the academy training to become a police officer)....luckily, with the way the academy schedule works, I'll be able to schedule my 20 week appointment so that he'll be able to be there, and that's the appointment he's most interested in.

Anyway, it's a totally personal decision, based upon what your hubby wants to see/know and be involved with.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

I think its very important for the hubby to go, mine has actually come to almost all of mine. Only because he wanted to, he likes to be in the know he says. Anyway the first they do ask alot of questions and alot of them will be his health history. They tell you alot of what you should expect and when things are done. The other really important appointments would obviously be the ultrasound, heartbeat and towards the end just to get some info from doc.
It depends on your hubby, if he wants to go let him, if not dont force him.
Meg

Old 03-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

My husband took advantage and went to all the appts he could with me. Granted too that was because he knew he wasnt' going to be here for when I go into labor but they are all important I think and I was greatful that my husband was able to come to all the ones that he was able to. Cause it's lonely and what not.

Closed Thread