It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User
Elijah is finally here :)

Finally all the waiting is over! On March 15th I had my regular appointment and I knew my dr wanted to discuss ways of getting him out since he was still hadn't dropped at all. She told me she wanted to try some Citotek (sp?) and then Cervigel and if nothing happened with that, after my next appointment (what would have been today, the 22, his due date) she would induce me. So she sent me straight to hospital and I got all gowned up and all and they placed the citotek. The day nurse was very skeptical that it would work, she said that most of the woman she has seen given it have been sent home the next morning, but that with the cervigel it may do a little better. Well maybe 2 hours after the citotek was placed I started having contractions. Right away they started off at around 5 minutes apart but weren't really painful. At that point I was only about a fingertip dilated. The evening nurse came in to check me and realized I was 3 cm and told me that they couldn't place the cervigel because I was having so many strong contractions and that everything seemed to be working well. They gave me some sleeping meds and I slept well through the nite. The next morning around 5am I was given Pitocen and soon in ALOT of pain, the nurse gave me some pain killers through my IV that made me rest for a little bit. A few hours later my dr came in and did an internal and saw that I was 4cm and laboring hard, but he still hadn't dropped. She couldn't even reach my bag of water she said, then the baby's heart rate dropped fast and they put oxygen on me and the dr did a quick u/s and saw that the cord was wrapped around his neck (and I thought she said shoulder too, but at that point I was too nervous to pay much attention) and she called for a c section to be done right away. I had a spinal which was nothing like what I expected and then they started the section. When they got me open my dr said they could barely reach him so the anesthesiologist started pushing HARD on my ribs trying to get him to move down some. I knew I would feel pressure and all during the procedure, but I felt like they were going to rip me off the table they were tugging back and forth so hard trying to get him out. All I could do was stare at my husband I was so scared by that point. FINALLY I heard him cry and just lost it. I bawled my eyes out until they were done closing me up and they took me to recovery. At that point I had only been shown my son really quick over the barrier. He was 7 lbs 8 oz and 19 3/4 in. Born at exactly 1pm and is now my little pride and joy. I can't seem to ever put him down, and I NEVER expected to be up and around right now. My dr told me 2 weeks of basically limited bed rest, but I don't really feel any pain at all. Just feels like I have some sore ab muscles. Well, I'm so glad I can finally post this! Near the end I was getting to antsy reading everyone elses birth stories! Good luck to everyone still waiting for there little ones. It's an amazing experience.
Amy and Elijah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
(female)

angie22 HB User
Re: Elijah is finally here :)

Amy Congratulations on Elijah I'm glad that every thing worked out good with both of you. Good size baby too, well done

Old 03-22-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Well, I guess you have to change your name now from soon2bmommy to newmommy!!! Way to go and congrats on your little man! Elijah is such a wonderful name. I always think of Elijah Woods (he's a cutie!). Anyway, rest up and take care of yourself! Gets lots of sleep when you can as well!

Old 03-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Congradulations!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you and Elijah are doing good. I'm glad he's healthy and he sounds like he was a wonderful weight. I wish you the best.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
(female)

amlve HB User

Congrats AMY!!!!!! So glad that he finally made it here. See...... sections arent that bad huh? LOL. Take care & get plenty rest. Youre gonna need it.

Love, Heather & Colin

Old 03-23-2006, 05:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

soon2be
congratulations hope you heal as quickly as me after my recent c section. wishing you and your new family addition health and happiness

Old 03-23-2006, 06:09 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Congratulations and God Bless!!

Melly

Old 03-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #8
(female)

mamatbg HB User

CONGRATULATIONS and take it easy and enjoy!

Closed Thread