It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

Shantae HB User
Unhappy Can Someone Please Help Me?

I'm supposely 10 weeks pregnant, but yesterday when I went to the doctor she could not hear the heart beat. So she did an ultrasound and didn't see anything. Next she did a vaginal ultrasound and said she only saw a sac. So she started asking me was I sure about when the first day of my last period was. She then made me sit back in the room I was first in when she tried to hear the heartbeat. I was waiting wondering what was going on and trying to not panic. Then she came back in and was like either I am not as far along as I think I am or this is not a good pregnancy. At this point my heart was crushed! So she wants me back in 2 weeks to do another ultrasound. I am so scared of losing my baby and the pain of having a miscarriage. I cried all day long yesterday. She also told me that if I have any cramping or bleeding before I come back to give her or the hospital a call. I found on the internet info on a blighted ovum, so I'm wondering is this what it is. I feel like I am going to have a miscarriage just because my last period started on Jan.8 and I had to have concieved on Jan.29. Could I have implanted late? I am so scared, I have friends who have had miscarriages and they were telling me about it. Why is this happening to me? Now I feel like the miscarriage can happen any day at any time and I have to wait 2 weeks to find out whats going on with me. I also read about a d&c, I guess if I go back and she still just still sees a sac I'm going to have to have one of those. Does anyone think I could just be early in the pregnancy? Or is a blighted ovum? Any info will be appreciated and thanks to all who respond. I must go back now and cry in my bed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Re: Can Someone Please Help Me?

((((Shanta)))):

Please do not panic. You may be alot earlier on than you think you are. Please wait and see. I know the waiting SUCKS, but hang in there.

My best wishes for you and I will pray that everything turns ok for you.

Did you have a positive EPT and how do you know you're 10 weeks?

Melly

Old 03-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
(female)

LABOR HB User

yes Shantae maybe is to early in your pregnancy.. that is what happened to my sister and she went back in two weeks and now she is close to 8 months pregnant w/ a girl..i sure is very scary becuase and you a desperate to find out what is going on.. but you should not worried and pray to god for everything to be well.. i tell you my sister was the same way.. what happens is that they (doc) go based on your last mentrual period but it does not always work like that.. specially like if you are irregular you should just calm down.

best wishes
labor

Old 03-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hope5756 HB User

I feel for you so much... but i wanted to tell you a few things...and i know its hard BUT stress can make you miscarry, so if you can do you best and look to the future that is your best option...im so sorry you have to go through this, but i am really thinking like the rest of the girls that you are just not as far along as you thought...but let me also tell you that if this pregnancy does carry on, this little down fall may just be the first of more to come... not to say you wont have a healthy baby, but there are a lot of things that come with pregnancy that could stress you out... and if this pregnancy does not carry on, the only thing you have to look forward to is the fact that having another miscarrage after your first is very very slim... take care and keep us up to day please...

Old 03-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
(female)

Shantae HB User

Thanks to all that responded. The first day of my last period was Jan.8 and the next was suppose to be Feb.11. On Feb.19 I took an EPT and it was positive. I went to the doctor on Feb.24 and they did their own test and it was positive. That's when she told me I was 6 weeks, which I didn't know they counted from your last period. When I went yesterday she said I was 10 weeks. The last time I was pregnant they did confirm by ultrasound that I was earlier than expected, although the baby still showed up on the ultrasound. But the thing is I only had sex on Jan.29, I'm good with dates. So even if I'm say 8 weeks instead of 10, shouldn't she be able to still hear the heart or see it. I just feel like the dates aren't adding up, that I should be around 10 weeks. I just don't see how I can be earlier than 10 weeks. I really don't know what to think, I can't help but be sad because it's always on my mind. I don't want to stress because I don't want to cause the miscarriage, especially if everything is ok. I told my boss I wouldn't be in any of the rest of this week because I'm scared the miscarriage can happen at any time, plus I can't work with this on my mind. Not to mention I work at a day care, so I'm always around babies. But what do you all think my chance are that I am just early, now that I have gave you the dates. Any info appreciated and questions welcomed.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #6
(female)

megsmommy HB User

So sorry you are having to worry, maybe you are earlier then you think. Did your OB have your blood HCG levels checked? If not, you may want to call and ask if you can see where your levels are at. Take good care, I hope and pray everything is well with the little one.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:06 PM   #7
(female)

luvmyjeep HB User

10 weeks is still early to hear the heartbeat sometimes. i had a friend who didn't hear it until almost 13 weeks. and the baby is still small to see. i am sure everything is fine

Good Luck To You

Old 03-23-2006, 08:20 AM   #8
(female)

denise6433 HB User

I'm sure everything is fine. You have to understand that the baby is still so small and you dont have good chances of seeing it yet anyways. The heartbeat will just show up a little late, and the baby also could have been asleep which made the heartbeat when I got mine done alot quieter so maybe that is the case. Anyways as the baby gets older it wont matter if the baby is asleep or awake. The implantation was probably slow which could throw you off. Sperm can live a while inside of you, and I've heard of a case where the implantation itself took 2 weeks!! and of course that would through your dates off if that was the case. I'm sure everything is good and please be sure to let us know what happens

god bless you, and best of luck,
Denise

Old 03-23-2006, 08:48 AM   #9
(female)

workathomeMOM HB User

Hi Shantae,
If your last period started on Feb 8, then the doctors' consider you 10weeks along + 3 or 4 days. Obviously you don't conceive on that date and the baby isn't actually 10 weeks old. Usually a person ovulates around 2 weeks after their period starts and you say you know you conceived 3 weeks after so your ultrasound may have been too early. Why did you go in for one anyhow? Its unusual unless you're not sure on your dates. Be patient and wait it out a bit. Deep breath and focus on doing some things you enjoy so you're not consumed with this. My first pregnancy was a blighted ovum. I had a d&c. Its a tough thing to go through and at first I had never heard of or been told I had a blighted ovum. If I had I would have had an easier time accepting that this was not a pregnancy! A blighted ovum is different from most miscarriages b/c the fertilized egg did NOT attach to the womb so never start to grow into a baby. Its just a group of cells that didn't pass through your system but instead hung around. That knowledge helped me. However, I realize at this point that miscarrying and or having a d&c is hard on you and your body FEELs pregnant. Hang in there! I know have 2 healthy boys and a girl on the way. I hope this helps.

Closed Thread