It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
(female)

luvmyjeep HB User
just wondering?

i was just wondering when you girls noticed your nipples getting darker? and when you bbs started getting bigger and feeling fuller?

Last edited by luvmyjeep; 03-23-2006 at 09:17 AM.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
(female)

LABOR HB User
Re: nipple changes

i just noticed that by nipples are getting darker and iam 18 weeks.. but my bbs started getting bigger at soon as i knew i was pregnant..i was 5 weeks or less.. god they realy hurt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
(female)

Laetitia HB User

My boobs didn't necessarily get bigger in the beginning, but they got much firmer. Now, at 35 weeks, I've gone from 36D to 40D, but that's got more to do with my expanding rib cage than anything else.

Personally, I've been fascinated by all the changes in my nipples. Sometimes, they're really small, soft, and pink. Other times, they're the size of gum drops, rock-hard, and purple. Have you looked to see the little holes in them where your milk will come from? Now if I do that, I get fluid out of them! It's not colostrum or milk or anything (way to early for that), but it's gone from clear to kind of opaque and cloudy. It's a little weird to think that I'm going to be making food soon!

Old 03-23-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Laetitia - Actually, that is colostrum you are leaking! We produce that for several weeks, even months before the baby arrives!
My boobs haven't been the same since my first baby. They are lower, and saggy. Also, my nipples are significantly larger than usual and much darker. I noticed the change in my nipples around the 18 to 20 wk mark with my first but with this one it's been gradual. Guess my body never really got the chance to bounce back from my first as the boys will only be 22 months apart!
I am 35wks today and am constantly leaking colostrum! If I blow my nose I can feel it squirting out! Sorry if tmi! If I'm walking around with no bra there are always wet and dry circles all over my shirt... lol.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
(female)

walnutsmom HB User

I was just commenting to my DH about how dark my nipples have gotten. I know they got like this the first time around, too, but I had just forgotten. Thank god they fade back afterwards. I am very pale but have dark hair/eyes and the nipples now are super dark brown-almost black. I heard that this happens partially to help the newborn find the nipples! Well, this baby is not getting lost. They are like targets. I think it started to happen around 3-4 months.

Closed Thread