It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 06:25 AM   #1
(female)

greenjppixie HB User
Smile Need Reassurance, Please

Hi everyone! I am so glad to be able to post here finanlly! I got my BFP on Monday, which was 12 DPO. Shortly after I got it, I began spotting. It was pink and very light- only enough to show up on the toilet paper. This happened on about 4 bathroom trips and had completley stopped by the afternoon. The next day I only had spotting on one trip to the bathroom so I thought it was done. Well, yesterday, which was when AF was due, I had spotting through most of the day. Again, it was very light, not enough to show up on a liner, and was mostly pink and brown. So far today, there is none. I have not had any cramps and my temps are still high. I know spotting can be common in early pregnancy, but I also know it can indicate a problem. I guess I would like to hear form any of you that had spotting early on but went on to have healthy pregnancies. It took DH & I 8 months to get to this point so I'm really nervous. Thanks!

Last edited by greenjppixie; 03-23-2006 at 06:26 AM.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:43 AM   #2

amy g. HB User
Re: Need Reassurance, Please

I had 3 heathy pregnancies without any spotting. Then I had 2 miscarriges that started with light pink spotting. Imagine how devestated I was when I started spotting again in this pregnancy.

I'm 17 weeks now, and I just listened to the baby's heart beat this morning, so it was really nothing to worry about.

I would lie down as much as you can, and drink plenty of clear fluids until you can get in to see a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User

I had light pink and brown spotting from weeks 5-10. I am now at week 13 and haven't had any spotting for 3 weeks. My baby is growing and has a healthy heartbeat, so I'm no longer worried about it. Spotting can happen for so many different reasons, and none of us can know why it is happening to you. Try to rest and not stress out too much over it. Many people experience spotting and go on to have beautiful healthy babies.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
(female)

sandra2005 HB User

best thing to do is try not to stress about it,hard as that may be but stress is bad for you at this time.
if the blood was brown then that could be old blood but if it continues just see the doctor to be sure.
you dont say wheather or not you have seen your doctor to confirm you pregnancy and get advice etc, well if you have not then you definatley should.
Good luck

Old 03-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #5
(female)

greenjppixie HB User

Thanks, guys. I have POAS 4 times and got BFPs each time. I have charted for 8 months now and this month's definitely looks different. I go to the DR tomorrow.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!!!! I remember you from the TTC board and i am so happy to see you on the pg boards now! Its good that you havent had any bright blood and that its just dark "old" blood. The best thing to do right now is just relax as much as you can with your feet up and take it easy. Also drink plenty of fluids right now. Its good that you have a dr appt tomorrow and wont have to stress about this for long. I know of a lot of friends who have spotted during their pregnancies and everything turned out fine. Try to think positively although i know its easier said than done. I hope everything turns out well for you and let us know how it goes at the dr! Once again congrats and take care of yourself!!

Old 03-24-2006, 06:32 AM   #7

amy g. HB User

Let us know what the doctor says, and good luck!

Old 03-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Pixie --

I'm glad to be here, too -- I just found out today that I'm pregnant. Due 12/1/2006. Yay!

What is your due date?

Old 04-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #9
(female)

shinetype2 HB User

Hi I had spotting with my first baby so when It happened again this time I tried not to freak like I did last pregnancy and I ignored it. I had my first ultra sound yesterday I'm 13w 4d and baby is fine unless your bleeding enough to soak a pad in an hour relax it could be nothing even though it's not okay alot of women spot and have healthy babies good luk

Old 04-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #10
(female)

Angellica HB User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well.....I bled BRIGHT red blood with my first son and he is 10 1/2 months old =) and I am light spotting with this pregnancy too.... but, the spotting has spotted for the time being! With my first son, I bled a lot and also had terrible cramping...I called the hospital and the dr on call said that it did not look good....I was horrified! So, I went in to see my dr the next day and she said that some women bleed and that everything could be just fine! That made me feel much better! I put myself on bedrest for about 2 weeks after I bleed bright red blood and laid low. I still bled on and off until 20 weeks.....
but had a beautiful baby boy!!!!

With this pregnancy, I also was spotting......a lot lighter than my first and they have had me go in for ultrasounds after each bleeding episode. The baby is doing fine and they said the bleeding is caused by something called a 'subchorionic' hemmorage. This forms when the baby implants into the uterine wall. I was soooo happy to hear that there was a reason for the bleeding!!!

I guess the bottom line is.......wait it out and take care of yourself......

I bled with my first pregnancy and had a wonderful outcome and
I have bled with this pregnancy too, but everything is moving along just
fine.

Don't give up hope just yet!!!

Ps. I purchased a baby doppler with this pregnancy so I can be reassured everyday that the babies heartbeat is still there and is doing ok.
It really helps ease the mind to know that the baby
is still alive and well.~

Take Care,
Angellica~*

Old 04-03-2006, 02:15 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Hi Greenjppixie! Funny, it took us 8 months as well. I was spotting on the day I expected my period, and then again about ten days later. I went for an ultrasound last week, though, and everything was fine. Then again, it's still pretty early to tell.

Closed Thread