It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #1

brands11 HB User
Inducing Labor

I am quite nervous as I am being induced on Tuesday. My doctor has told me that he will be using Cytotec to induce labor, has anyone ever had this? I guess I am just really nervous about the whole situation and need some comfort from others who have experienced this or at least have more information. I have looked on the internet and of course find all the horror stories which make it even worse!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: Inducing Labor

Brands - awww, don't be nervous! Be excited! You get to see your little one really soon!
I was induced with my first as I was 41.4wks and ds just was way to comfy in my tummy. They applied cervadil the night before and I was cramping but nothing to concern myself with. The next day I went in and by 2pm I was hooked up to the oxytocin (pitocin). At 10:30pm I still wasn't in labour so they broke my water. WHAM! An hour later I was in full blown labour. By 2:30am I had the epidural, by 8am I was pushing and 3 hours after that I had my beautiful 9lb 6oz baby boy in my arms!
The end result is the same, it's just more controlled and a little more restricted. Just be prepared for possibly needing more interventions with an induction than you would if you go naturally. The oxytocin is brutal on your uterus and starts you off with some pretty strong contractions. They are almost unbearable. For me anyway!
Don't worry about it! You're having a baby!
Why are they inducing you on Tuesday just out of curiosity?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #3

brands11 HB User

They are inducing because I have a panic disorder and have been off meds for almost 3 years and the past two weeks my heart rate was up which in turn caused the babies heart rate to go up, so just to avoid any stress on the baby and myself. (I refused to go back on meds for the panic disorder as I have controlled it for so long on my own).
Im just nervous because the doctor is not using pitocin, but cytotec instead. I guess I need to make some calls before I scare myself into the hospital! It would be nice though if she just came on her own!

Old 03-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

Brands, my heat rate was the same. Caused my babies to go up also so my dr induced me with cytotec instead of right away starting with Pitocen. Within 2 hours that it was given to me I was having great contractions, so I wish you all the best! I wound up getting Pitocen the next day, only because my baby had not dropped yet. Don't be nervous that you are getting Cytotec instead of Pit... The cytotek (I was told) it was less invasive and is used to get things going more naturally than Pitocen.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #5

brands11 HB User

Thanks so much, I am just so nervous. I am a wreck, lol. I just cant wait for it all to be over and to be holding her. I never thought the day would come and now that it is Im racing in fear.

Closed Thread