It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User
She's here!!

Hi guys, we're home.

Where do I start? LOL.

Well... we went in on Sunday night to be induced and it turned out I started contracting on my own so they skipped the gel. I spent the night hooked to the monitors with nothing much happening, so at 6 in the morning on Monday they started me on the pitocin. By 8-ish I was having pretty good contractions to they broke my water. Let the fun begin.

They got stronger and stronger, and closer and closer together. It was horrible. By about 2pm I couldn't take it anymore and I asked for the epidural. I was only 4+ centimeters then but they thought that with me being able to relax that I'd be able to progress so they call anesthesia. That was a friggen nightmare. I guess emergency c-sections come before me, so I had to wait. (Kidding.)

I had to wait almost TWO hours for my epi and my contractions got so bad I was pretty much a quivering, miserable, snotty, shaking heap of jello. I don't remember the whole epi procedure, except that the nurse had to hold me up and I snotted all over the pillow that I had my face buried in. LOL. After I got the epi I was in HEAVEN. I got to turn the tv on and watch some boob tube. I even took a nap!! I went from 4 to 6+ centimeters in a few hours, and then when they checked me at 5 I was stalled. That's when they started talking c-section. She just wasn't dropping so they thought she was gunna end up being too big to descend after all.

So they put a different monitor in to measure the intensity of my contractions to see if they were intensifying, or if they were maintaining the same strength. If they weren't intensifying then it would mean that I wasn't gunna go much further on my own.

After that I started barfing and had a slight fever so then they started getting ready for the c-section and gave me something to stop the nausea, which made me groggy, but, knocked the nausea and fever out. The whole time her heart rate and oxygen was excellent. She was a star through the whole thing. It was me who was not doing so well. After all that I went to 7 centimeters and 80 percent effaced, so they decided to give me another 2 hours to see how I would progress. They also cut the pitocin and rolled me on my side to give me a break. This is when it got interesting. I fell asleep and the nurse came in to check on me, and the next thing I know she's yelling "all I see is hair, DO NOT MOVE AND DON'T PUSH". I was still feeling kinda icky from the stuff from the nausea, and I couldn't feel the contractions, so I was good there.

Anyway, the room filled with people, the doctor came in, and 5 contractions later she came shooting out (12:41 AM on Tuesday morning, after 18 hours of labor)! I also ended up with a 3rd degree tear because she came so fast and was already crowning when they checked me. I guess there was no time for an epesiotomy.

So other then my "bottom" being sore, I'm doing pretty well. I'm SO glad I didn't need the section.

On yeah, she was 9 pounds 2 ounces and 20.5 inches long, and has the most beautiful head of dark hair AND eyebrows!! I'm so in love!

All in all things went well. A little slower then I had hoped, but I managed to evade a c-section, which made me happy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Veteran

sickofit HB User
Re: She's here!!

North, congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your little bundle of joy!

Old 03-23-2006, 04:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Awesome North!!! Congratulations to you and your dh! I'm so glad she's hear safe and sound and that you are on the road to recovery!!! I've been thinking about you since Sunday waiting for your birth story!

Uh.....what's her name???

Old 03-23-2006, 04:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Congratulations North I'm happy to hear all is well with the both of you.

Melly

Old 03-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Congrats on your little one its always awesome to do it without the Csection. Even with the tear you will probably recover much sooner.
Meg

Old 03-23-2006, 09:18 PM   #6
(female)

mamatbg HB User

Congratulations. It is so exciting to hold our little ones in our arms after waiting for them so long. Congratulations again!

Old 03-24-2006, 07:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you!
sending a hug your way
carly

Old 03-24-2006, 10:47 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i bet she is so beautiful.
robin

Old 03-24-2006, 02:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

north
congratulations my ds also had a head of hair i think it makes them look so cute having hair like that. sorry you teared but at least the reward is worth it take care and best wishes to you and your new family see you on the infant care board

Old 03-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

CONGRATS!! Glad that she is finally here. Sorry to hear about your tears, hopefully they will heal soon. My advice is to TAKE BATHS! They helped with my stitches alot! See you over at the infant board:-D

Old 03-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #11
(female)

angie22 HB User

Good job North, congratulatios on you baby. mine has lots of black hair and eybrows too

Old 03-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #12
(female)

Angellica HB User

Congrats~***

very glad you did not have to
have the c-section.....

you will recover much
more quickly.....

even with a tear, the skin
seems to heal pretty fast

i was wondering if you had
your baby =)

Angellica~

Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

debating HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCota
My advice is to TAKE BATHS! They helped with my stitches alot! See you over at the infant board:-D
I was told absolutely no baths or swimming for 4 weeks, just to use my water bottle and to shower like usual, while of course making sure to dry myself really good.

Thanx ladies, we're really happy to have her here.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:32 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

north i am no doc but u can absolutely take baths!!!! thats why they have sitz baths! not sure why in heck they would tell u that! ive had 3 babies 2 with God awful stitches and i lived in the bath and they encouraged it and also did when i got home. i would rethink that idea or perhaps look it up on the net.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

MJCota HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_60
I was told absolutely no baths or swimming for 4 weeks, just to use my water bottle and to shower like usual, while of course making sure to dry myself really good.

Thanx ladies, we're really happy to have her here.

I'm suprised they told you not to take baths! My dr said to do it atleast three times a day to help avoid infection and also to help with the soreness. Maybe you'll want to call your dr and double check on it! But then again it might be bc you tore so bad. Either way..CONGRATS AGAIN

Closed Thread