It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Ok, do you want the bad news first or the bad news?

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.....
I had a growth ultrasound today.... I'm 35.1 wks and my "big" boy is measuring 8lbs already! I can't even imagine the size of this heffer if I go to term or past! We're talking like 10 and 1/2 to 11 and 1/2 lbs approximately! He's soooo cute though! We could see him playing with his feet and stretching out his bum. It was awesome. His head (gulp..) is measuring 39.1 wks in diameter!!!!! HELP.
I have just been diagnosed with Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. I am in sooo much pain right in the pubic area and around my entire pelvic area that it's almost impossible for me to walk now. This started about a week and a half ago and has been getting worse and worse and worse. My family Doc told me I need to stay off my feet and essentially be on bed rest. Ya right! With a toddler and 3 more days of work to go! He doesn't think I will be able to handle 3 more days of work physically because the pressure of the baby on my pelvis is making my condition worse. By the way, this is apparently very rare, 1 in 600. Lucky me.
Maybe my OB (see him Monday) will be willing to induce me early so I can a better chance of delivering vaginally.
Anyway, just though I would cry out my woes here. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
Re: Ok, do you want the bad news first or the bad news?

Oh my goodness!! This is my first pregnancy so i really have no idea what you are going through or what you have it exactly but the way you describe it sounds very unpleasant..and 1 and 600...i bet ur thinking wow how did this happen to me?? that is a VERY big baby too!! i imagine the doc. wouldnt let you go term if it is that big. i know my doc wouldnt! i havent been in labor yet in life but i hear the epidural works wonders..my sister has 4 kids and had an epidural with just her last one and she looved it!! i cant imagine pushing that big of a baby out with no epidural..i would probably want a c-section because i dont have a good pain tolerance so i hope mine doesnt get too big!! im already scared out of my mind to go in labor..in a way, i want him to stay in me forever cuz i dread the pain!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Ah Dawn, the joys of children. I am not sure if you are calling yourself a heffer or your son (which is impossible...gosh I'm such a farmer's daughter eh!!!). And as my hubbie would say...your not a heffer...more like a cow all set for peak production. Imagine the fun my dairy farming family had when ds was fed pumped breast milk for 9.5 months and I pumped every 4-6 hours for 7 months of that!!!
Anyway, I am sure you are feeling very uncomfortable so stay off your feet as much as possible and apply ice!!!!
I actually had a similar feeling last night. My undies have been rubbing really bad in my groin area and last night I was so sore and swollen. I applied ice off and on for hours and then slept without any on (which is very unusual for me). Today I have on a pair of the boxer brief type of things...I usually wear them in the hot summer under skirts so I don't chaffe. All seems well but I guess I need to go shopping for more of them. I am starting to feel tons of pressure and I am only 31 weeks so hearing your story scares me. Hopefully that 1 in 600 is an accurate number and I won't be in your shoes in a few weeks. Take care of yourself!!!

Old 03-24-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User

Baby #2,
WOW! 8 pounds already?!?! Maybe you might be a March mom? They probably won't let you get near your due date, let alone pass it if your baby boy is already 8 pounds would they? A sore pelvis area already is a pain enough, I am sorry to hear that you have that rare condition. Hopefully you can make it though the next few days of work! Good luck

Old 03-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Thanks girls.... I am so depressed right now and not feeling well at all. It took me a half an hour to be able to get off the couch (it hurts really bad) and get up 2 flights of stairs to get my screaming toddler. I can't believe how fast this all crept up on me. I think I am going to stop posting today because I am just miserable and every little thing feels like it's a shot at me personally. I apologize to anyone I may upset. Instead of feeling worse, I should be feeling better and more supported right? Well, it's not happening that way. I am scared to death of needing a C-section and now with beanie measuring as big as he is and having this pubic/pelvic issue, it seems I may have no other choice....
I have to go out tonight to see a comedy show and I don't think I'll be able to walk to the car from my front door, let alone go out for the evening. Everyone will be staring at me wondering what the hecks wrong with me. I guess they'll just chalk it up to how bloody huge my belly is.....

Old 03-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Oh Dawn, I feel so bad for you. What a stresser that you didn't need right now. Maybe you will just go early and all will be well. After your last experience maybe a c-section wouldn't be so bad...maybe you'd have as many stitches in your abdomen as you did from your episiotomy last time. After going through an induction that wasn't so pleasant last time because my body wasn't ready to give birth I am beginning to think that maybe c-section are easier on the babes.
Good luck and I hope you do come back here to visit...but a few days away from us might be the breather you need.
Good luck!!!

Old 03-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #7
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Hey Baby#2, sorry to hear you're not doing well. I mentioned it on the April thread too, but wanted to let you know that I also have Symphasis Pubis Dysfunction, and I know the pain you're in. I also have an extremely hard time getting off the couch, the bed, up the stairs, etc. It seems to be worse on my left side and I can't lift my leg more than an inch or two to put on socks or shoes. Luckily my son is 5 and I can explain the pain to him, but it's still hard, try to hang in there.

Have they talked induction with you regarding the size of your "little" beanie?

Closed Thread