It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Are there any November babies??

Hello

My name is Mel. I'm 38 and just got a BFP through bloodwork yesterday!! This will be my second and last child. I have been married almost 10 years and have a son who is 7 years old. We are all excited over this, but of course, I have concerns because of my age and some fears as to whether I will get through this as good as I did when I was 30. I would like to talk and share advice/opinions with anyone else that may be due in November, as I think it would be fun!!

Xen - you better be here girl!! LOL.

Melly

Old 03-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Re: Are there any November babies??

Anyone??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

Congrats Melly! I'm an August Momma, but just wanted to wish you the best!

Old 03-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

I just got my BPF last weekend and have a due date of 11/25 - a Thanksgiving baby - my first!!!

Congrats and best of luck!

Old 03-25-2006, 04:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Mel --

Since my O date is 18 days into my cycle, technically my due date is 12/1, but I can hang out with you here in the November world just as easy.

DH is on cloud nine -- said he just smiled all day at work yesterday.

I bought a week by week guide for him to read since he knows NOTHING about this stuff (not that I'm an expert, but at least I know a little more than he does!). He kept calling the baby a zygote yesterday and I said, no, it's a blastocyst right now. Ha! (He's a chemical engineer so he wants to know all those kinds of details.)

So, can I start shopping for baby stuff now??

BTW, I'm 34, but will be 35 when the baby is born, so that kicks me into the higher risk category. This is our first. DH and I have been married for 3 years.

Last edited by xinerevelle; 03-25-2006 at 04:11 AM.

Old 03-25-2006, 06:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

Hi Mel,
Congrats! I am due in September with my first. I will be 38 also when I deliver. I go in on Friday for my second appointment and will talk to my doctor about the triple marker test. Because you are over 35, do you have to have this also? I am a little worried.Thanks and congrats again!

Old 03-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Hellokitty1973 HB User

Hello! I am due around 11/4. I am 8 weeks today.. seeing my OB for the first time on Tues. I had a m/c last July so I am cautiously optimistic this time.. but I have been feeling pretty crappy, so I hope it's a good sign! I am 32 and will be 33 in June.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

When I talked to the BC/BS nurse she said that the triple marker test (sometimes called a quad test) is the "first line" test. If there is a positive (and there are some false positives) then a "level 2 ultrasound" is done. Only after that is an amnio done. She said that's pretty standard procedure now.

She's sending me info on the triple marker test since I hadn't decided yet whether to have it or not.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

bxr35 HB User

Hi! By my count, I'm due around November 15th, which puts me squarely in the Nov. category. I just turned 24 (Friday), and this is my first baby. I'm a law student, and I'm a little nervous about balancing baby and school, especially as it will be born less than a month before finals, but I guess it's better than trying to balance baby and work...maybe. At least you can take maternity leave off from work.

I'm scheduled for my first ultrasound this Wednesday, but I'm not sure I'll make it. I've been spotting on and off, and I don't have any strong pregnancy symptoms, so I'll be nervous until I see that heartbeat.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:10 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommawannabee
Thank you so much momma! That was very sweet of you. Best continued luck to you and your health and babies during these last months of your pregnancy!!

Melly

Old 03-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeltoKel
I just got my BPF last weekend and have a due date of 11/25 - a Thanksgiving baby - my first!!!

Congrats and best of luck!
Congratulations Kel!!
Best of luck to you and your pregnancy that it is a healthy one!! A Thanksgiving Day baby!! How cool is that!

Again, congrats!!

Melly

Old 03-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Lbp35:

Congrats! We are the same age! You are due before me though; lucky you!!! LOL. September babies must be so very nice, although my first and this one are both winter babies. LOL. I haven't even had a first appointment yet. I can't wait to see my ob/gyn, as I have questions to ask her. I am NOT having that triple marker test done, because of too many false positives. Hubby and I feel that pregnancy is enough stress so why give it more with testing that cannot tell you exact answers. Nobody HAS to do it - it is up to you. Alot of woman do and that's fine, but it's just my personal choice not to get it done. I have faith in God(not to bring religion into this) and I know he will keep me and my baby safe, so I skip on the testing. Off for now, as we are going to cook lunch on the grill today even though it's only 45 out! LOL. Chat later ladies...

Melly

Old 03-26-2006, 09:03 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellokitty1973
Hello! I am due around 11/4. I am 8 weeks today.. seeing my OB for the first time on Tues. I had a m/c last July so I am cautiously optimistic this time.. but I have been feeling pretty crappy, so I hope it's a good sign! I am 32 and will be 33 in June.
Congratulations Kitty! Feeling crappy is a GREAT sign - keep feeling it and stay positive!! I was your age when I had my first. Actually I was 31 when I got pregnant with my son. I had the WORST morning sickness morning, afternoon AND night!! I"m hoping bb#2 will be different! Fingers crossed!!!

Melly

Old 03-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Xinerevelle:

How are you feeling? I'm a bit nausea, but not too bad. I still have sore boobs and very constipated. Hey you're on the border of Nov & Dec, so you can chat on both threads!! LOL I think that guide is a great idea. It is simply amazing what goes on with our bodies and the growing of the embryo's or blastocyst's ???LOL into living beings!! LOL.

Hubby and I have a rule not to shop until my second trimester. We did that last time with my son too. Your first is so exciting though - you want to shop right away. I say GO SHOP your little heart out!! As far as high risk, you are still so young. I don't think 34 is anything to consider as being high risk, please, I'm 38! I have more reason to worry that you do! LOL. But I will NOT worry this pregnancy!! I know once they say you're over 30 that you are in high risk. Give me a break!! When is your wedding anniversary? Is it around your due date? Our anniversary is 11/8 and my edd is 11/28 and it's our 10-year!! I told hubby baby is plenty of gift, so much for my 10-year diamond anniversary ring!! LOL

Hope you are well.......

Melly

Old 03-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommawannabee
Aw, thank you so much momma; that was very sweet of you and wishes for the best to you too!!

Melly

Closed Thread