It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2006, 12:38 AM   #1
(female)

confused1234 HB User
Question positive hpt then negative hpt

I was just wondering if anyone could help me. I am almost two weeks late for my period and i am always regular every 28 days. I took a hpt and it said positive i went to the doctor the next day there urine test was negative so i was sent for blood work that was also negative. My question is that can I still be pregnant if the blood is negative but im a having moderate stomach cramps, diarrhea, sleepiness and some nausia? When my period was due to come i had all the symptoms of it but there was no blood there was a thick whitish clear discharge that lasted for about 5 days which is normal for my cycle. If this has happened to anyone or if anyone can please give me any advice i would really appreciate it thank you

Old 03-25-2006, 04:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: positive hpt then negative hpt

You can wait a little while longer and see if it's just taking awhile for your HCG levels to progress or, maybe it means a chemical pregnancy. That means that you were pregnant (barely) but something happened and you no longer are pregnant.

How long ago did you do the blood test? Maybe it's time to repeat it??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
(female)

confused1234 HB User

i did the blood test 2 days ago and the positive hpt the day before that.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:25 AM   #4
(female)

confused911 HB User

I am dealing with that issue now. I had 2 hpt positive, blood work came back negative and the hpt positive again. I am still waiting for my next appt to let me know what is happening

Old 10-01-2007, 07:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Sprout07 HB User

I also had this happen to me about 10 months ago before I got pregnant this time. It is most likely a chemical pregnancy. I tested postive and within a few days was getting concerned because I wasn't noticing anything that I had noticed before when I was pregnant. I retested and it came back negative. Within a day or so though I started my period. I rushed to the doctor and he confirmed that I had been "pregnant" but was having a chemical pregnancy. What happens is the egg is fertilized and so your HCG level starts to go up- enough that a pregnancy test can detect the hormone. But the embryo never implants and so the hormone level starts going right back down, the pregnancy test is negative and you get your period. A lot of women have this type of miscarriage but don't even know they were "pregnant". However, I can't explain why you haven't gotten your period. But if you were pregnant and two weeks past the date it was due, your hormone level should be much higher than the sensitivy level of the HPT. And certainly would show up in your bloodwork. I believe 5 is the number that indicates a positive pregnancy. This number goes up to the thousands and tens of thousands during pregnancy. So if your blood work was negative, that means it was less than 5.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
(female)

confused911 HB User

Good news! I had my appt with the dr 10-8-07 and they re- took the blood test and it came back that i was positive. They gave me an ultra sound
10-9-07 to confirm it and make sure everything was going well. That came back positive as well. The first blood work that I had on the 9-28-07 that came back negative they re-tested it again and it showed that I was pregnant at that time. They told me I was having a mc and to get a d&c in a few weeks if I didn't start to bleed. They call It a lab error. So my suggestion is if you think you still are pregnant ask them to re-test that blood work because it can be wrong.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:42 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

desmaggie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused911 View Post
Good news! I had my appt with the dr 10-8-07 and they re- took the blood test and it came back that i was positive. They gave me an ultra sound
10-9-07 to confirm it and make sure everything was going well. That came back positive as well. The first blood work that I had on the 9-28-07 that came back negative they re-tested it again and it showed that I was pregnant at that time. They told me I was having a mc and to get a d&c in a few weeks if I didn't start to bleed. They call It a lab error. So my suggestion is if you think you still are pregnant ask them to re-test that blood work because it can be wrong.
I'm confused they told you to have a D&C or everything is okay now?

Closed Thread