It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
(female)

Beyondthesky37 HB User
lots of BH

Does anyone else have a ton of Braxtin Hicks contractions? I can have ten an hour sometimes. I tested positive that I might have the baby in the next two weeks and I am only 31 weeks. I call my doctor everytime I have more than six in a n hour but I can have ten then none the next hour and then the hour after that I'll have a ton again. They can be regular too and even when I'm on my left side. They keep telling me to give it three hours and if I'm still having contractions that close to go in. But like I said it comes and goes. The reason I'm worried is not only because of the positive test result but also because my labor with my first baby was only five hours. If I always wait three hours the baby could be coming but if I go everytime I have ten contractions in an hour I'd be going every night almost. Does anyone else have this many BH Contractions?

Old 03-26-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
(female)

walnutsmom HB User
Re: lots of BH

My doctor was worried when I was having 5-6 BH contractions A DAY at 30 weeks so I would definitely take the amount that you are having very seriously. It is not normal to have this many. What test did you take that predicts early delivery? I am surprised that your doctor isn't bringing you in to the hospital to be monitored to see if they are in fact BH or real contractions or whatever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User

Dear Beyond,

I had my son six weeks ago and starting around 28 weeks, I had BH constantly. I mean, I could have ten in like a half hour easily. My doctor told me that some women are more prone to them than others and not to worry about it unless I can't talk through them. Your uterus is preparing itself for birth. I worried about it, too, but when I went into labor I realized that there is a HUGE difference between BH and regular contractions. If your doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't be either.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

I do have lots of BH, and for a long time now. I am in week 38 so it doesn't really matter any more if I go into labor. However, my doctor did say that it doesn't really matter how many I have, just as long as they aren't taking a pattern time wise. He says I shouldn't be able to predict when the next one will happen. If so, I should call the doctor.

If I were you, I would take your amount seriously.

-Stacey

Old 03-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #5
(female)

Beyondthesky37 HB User

Hey thanks for your replies. Last night I started having contractions five minutes a part exactly and I could predict when the next one would come. I started drinking lots of water , going to the bathroom when needed and laying on my left side. After three hours I still couldn't get them to stop so I went into the hospital. They put me on the monitor and the nurse came in after twenty minutes and said yep, you are having them every five minutes. So she checked me and I wasn't dialated any more so she called the doctor. They gave me a shot of tribidulin and that worked for a half an hour. Then they started up again every five minutes so I was given another shot. Finally they were only coming about every twenty minutes so they let me go home and told me I had to stay on strict bedrest until my appointment tomorrow. I have to take my procardia every eight hours instead of twelve now. The doctor says my uterus has been way too active for 31 weeks and with the positive test result it makes her worried. The test I had was the Fetal fibronectin it's not 100% accurate but it shows I could possibly be delivering my baby in the next two weeks. It detects some sort of protein you leak before labor or something like that. If you have a negative result then they can pretty much guarantee the baby won't come in the next two weeks. For now I just have to take it easy and hope the test was wrong or the medication will work.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

Beyondthesky,
Wow! That must be really scarey for you! I can't imagine going through that so early in your pregnancy. Just try and relax and let the docs take care of you!
I'll be thinking about you. Let us know the outcome!
-Stacey

Old 03-27-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

It is amazing how many more bh we have with baby#2 or more. I had some with ds three years ago but none too early and none really hard until the end. Actually I had a ns test at 40w3d and the nurse said that she was seeing some good hard contractions and I didn't even realize that's what the feeling was till she said it. This time around I am so much more in tune. I too am just over 31 weeks and have them 6-8 times a day, especially if it has been a hard day. Thus far though there is no pattern and no one is concerned about them at all. But then again my protein is fine as is my blood pressure.
Good luck and remember that a baby born this early, although tiny and weaker, does fine...maybe a few extra days in the hospital...or a few extra weeks but most of the development is done and only the weight needs to be gained.

Closed Thread