It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2006, 11:59 PM   #1
(female)

expectant HB User
April Mums Part 8

Thought i would start the new thread they asked for

Old 03-26-2006, 05:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User
Re: April Mums Part 8

I posted this on the last thread, but it got closed right after, so I am reposting on the new thread.

Wow ladies.....It is so nice to see that everyone is doing well and that there are other healthy babies being born now.

I read the thread every couple of days to keep up, most of the time, I just don't have alot of time to reply.

Dalton is doing great! He is now 5 pounds 12.5 ounces. His heart rate drops and apnea are disappearing more and more everyday. Last night DH and I roomed in with him. It is a way of transitioning out of the NICU and getting ready to go home. We stayed the night and did all of his care. It was such a great feeling to finally start acting like a mommy.

They are anticipating discharge home next week sometime. We have gotten our training on the home apnea monitor and got to use it last night. I feel much more at ease after some time to get used to it. I have to say though, I didn't sleep one solid wink last night. I held him almost the entire night, just rocking him and talking to him. It was great bonding time.

DH worked and came to the hospital late. Dalton was wide awake, so I propped him on the boppy and turn them toward each other. It was so sweet, I just had to take a pic. I wish I could share it with you guys. Dalton was cooing at him and smiling so big that he couldn't even open his eyes.

I miss you guys, and once he gets home I will start seeing you all on the infant care board.

Take care and good luck with all of you deliveries!

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2006, 06:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Hey everyone~

Well I still haven't had ds. They started me on pitocin and everything and nothing happened. So they sent me home, put me on stricked bed rest because my contractions are 1-5 minutes apart. So I'm still around. My doc said he'll check my cervix Tuesday but it looks like April 3rd I'll be having ds and hope that an induction works. So I will keep yall posted. I'm really down right now and have been crying since I got home. So I'll write more when I feel up to it.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:42 AM   #4
(female)

wendyr HB User

Army - I am so surprised to hear your news! I have been saying to my DH over the last days "Army will have had her baby by now, I wonder how they are, I wonder if her DH is home yet", etc.

I am sorry you are having to wait - what a big disappointment, especially after building yourself up for the huge event. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and pray for you for Tuesday. Hope all goes well. Take care of yourself.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #5
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Army why do they have you on bedrest exactly? wouldnt it be ok for you to deliver?
Meg

Old 03-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Ya, I'm confused as well Army.... sounds like they are kind of giving you the run around. I hate it when people do that....
I was told that if an induction doesn't work the first time that they will try again in two days. They will try 3 or 4 times and if it doesn't work they will consider a C-section if there is distress to the baby. All I know is I understand why you are feeling down. Your expectations were raised and then they just slammed you back down to the ground. Don't worry though, the longest you'll have to wait is a week and a couple days! That's nothing! You can do it girl, I know you can!
I go see my OB tomorrow morning and will be 35.4 wks prego then. I have to inform him of my separated pelvis issue and we will discuss my "8lb baby" at 35 wks issue as well. I am in so much pain and can't keep up with life (my toddler) if my life depended on it! I will be begging for an induction around the 37 or 38th week. I doubt he'll go for it but it can't hurt to try!
Wish me luck girls!

Old 03-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Thanx you guys the support really helps.

Wendy~

Trust me I was thinking by the weekend I"ll be home with ds and dh should be home sometime after that. Well we are getting the run around on him coming home, and than I had to get his hopes up about the baby. It's just so hard I cant believe it. I know granted I dont have much longer but it's still depressing.

Rounsy~
They have me on bedrest because the pitocin really made my contractions come on strong, they lowered my dose of pitocin when I was having contractions that were abou 30 seconds apart or so. Plus my bp is back up and he just wants to be safe. Also I have started to get edema really bad I'm starting to pit. It just all doesn't make a bit of sence to me.

Baby#2~
Trust me I left the hospital and I swear I just wanted to cry. Yea that is what I heard as well that after Tuesday my doc will make the decision to try inducing me again this coming up week or if we'll just wait till the 3rd. I think if he doesn't see any change in my cervix on Tuesday, that Monday he will tell the doc who is on that she just needs to do a c section on me. I"m scared because I dont want a section. I'm just hoping that something might evolve within the next week.

Well I found out roughly how big of a baby I'm going to be having. Of course that might change once I actually have him since I might be waiting at least another week. But they are saying about a 7lb baby maybe 8lbs. Last nite while I was laying in bed, I felt ds's toes it was really kuhl yet really weird. I guess he just wants to be a stubborn lil man like his daddy. Well I guess..I will keep yall posted hopefully this week will bring something good.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

az
my birth story is posted it is called samuel joseph is here.

army
i hope things go well for you it does seem like you are being thrown from pillar to post.

sam has a cold poor little one has the snuffles and dh is being a git because he had to miss a stag weekend (bachelor party) oh boy he better grow up quick. today was mothers day in the uk so i got a mothers day card from sam and some flowers plus breakfast in bed from my miserable dh and a lie in. i am so tired today hope you are all well

Old 03-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

Weepy-I can't wait to read your story!

Old 03-26-2006, 03:52 PM   #10
(female)

wendyr HB User

Expectant / Orange

I posted a thread on the old board last night about BH contractions and cramping. I also get the contractions along with period like cramps.

A contraction will come along, mainly towards the right side of my belly button. It will go really hard in like a ball, then a cramping sensation will come just below the belly button and will last a bit longer than the actual contraction. It is most uncomfortable. I guess they are both connected but will ask at my next doctors visit on Thursday and post the reply.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

I realized today with all the thinking that I did that I"m scared to death of having to have a c section. My friend who went up with me these past couple days told me that she would not be involved if a section was needed. So if that's the case I will be by myself I dont know what I will/would do. I truly am scared to death that I will have to have a c section just because i"m not dialating and dont think that I will. Am I just over reacting or should I truly be worried bout this. Cause even if I am they more than likely wont send dh home any sooner. My inlaws are hoping that while they are out here that ds will be born, but I just have a feeling nothing is going to happen. I really hope that Tuesday will bring me some good news. I hate it because I have to go against my bed rest yet again and I need to get my crib mattress for ds's crib, go grocery shopping, and do some other things. UGH. I just wish something would be done, because my swelling has gotten really bad but it's just unbelieveable they dont want to do anything. Well I shall post more hopefully when I"m in a bit better spirits.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #12
(female)

expectant HB User

Lovin -why on earth would your friend not be involved if you have a c section????? Sorry but she doesnt sound like much of a friend if she wont support you. I wouldnt worry about a c section - your main concern is that you and your baby are healthy -if that requires a c section then so be it.I hope you have your baby soon as it sounds like everything is really getting to you and that cant be good for your health.

Weepy - good to hear from you - are you getting much sleep???? How is your belly coping after your c section? Is it healing nicely? My friend who has had her baby 6 weeks ago complains that her hubby doesnt get the fact that he needs to gove up some of his social life now they have a baby and she is getting really down about it as he sulked for not being able to go to the pub!!!

Well 2 weeks today i will have my little man in my arms!! Still hoping that doc 2morrow will say lets bring it on a week earlier as he is so big but somehow i dont think that will happen. baby has changed his movement patterns dramatically the last 2 days - really quitened down i was worried and got the hospital to monitor his heart beat but he seems fine. Ahhh it will be nice to stop worrying about this pregnancy -but then i will worry about SIDS, sickness, crying, motherhood etc etc LOL

Old 03-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

AZ24 HB User

Army,
I know how frustred you must be. I wish I could be there for you. It sounds like you really need to be surrounded by people who care about you and who want to help. Fortunatly I have too many family members that want to be around and do stuff for me. I shouldn't complain, but sometimes it can be annoying.
I wonder if your friend realizes how much you need her, and that she doesn't necessariy have to see your "insides." Maybe she is just freaked out that she will have to see everything.

I too have a fear of a c-section! My doctor keeps on talking about it as well, and I keep telling him that I really want to avoid it at all costs. I too have not had any progress (not dilated yet nor has the baby dropped). However, I haven't had any contractions and my blood pressure is good. I am not due until April 15th, so I shouldn't worry too much yet about the progress, but I am just getting anxious!

I am terribly uncomfortable. None of my clothes fit me. I am always out of breath and my feet are big and sore. It is so hard to walk for any kind of distance. I pee every 15 min. and my pubic bone hurts too! Those are just the basics!

Thanks for listening to me vent! I know this baby will be well worth it all, but boy am I ready for the reward!

-Stacey

Old 03-27-2006, 04:55 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Thanx everyone. The support really helps. I have yet another question.It seems lately I'm just full of them. My feet are sooo swollen they hurt to bend move or do anything. Same with my wrists and that. I know they said that I'm getting edema really bad and I know that excessive swelling is a horrible part of preeclampsia. What I dont understand is they seen these signs why they didn't take me c section while I was in the hospital because it seems it's just going to get worse. I guess I will just find things out tomorrow. I'm just hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:38 AM   #15
(female)

wendyr HB User

Army - I too wish I could be there for you. There is so much support on this board I'm sure we would all be there, in person, for each other if we could be. At least we have each other in thought and that means a lot - it really helps me when I get anxious, to think about our little group and that we are all going through a similar experience and can talk about it. Try not to worry too much about a c-section, though I know we all would rather avoid that, yet all face it to some extent. Look at it in the way that you won't go through the pains of labor! and also that ds would be here sooner and probably with less complication. I will pray that you don't need one though. It scares me too, it is a natural reaction.

AZ24 - I am like you, not dilated yet, baby not dropped and am due the day before you, 14th. I am getting anxious too. I guess what will be will be and we have to try to focus on the relaxation part and try to be positive. It's hard but is probably the best thing to do.

Closed Thread