It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

amandab_nyc HB User
19 weeks - kicking question

hi,

I am 19 weeks pregnant. I felt my baby kick tons for like 5 days straight. it was so exciting!! But then suddenly it just stopped. I've felt only the slightest movements 2 days ago and then yesterday NOTHING and today NOTHING. I am kind of freaked out. Will I go days with no kicks? Did I do something that could have hurt the baby? I was doing very gentle yoga 2 days ago and I did a slight backbend - not full, just an arched back. Now I am all freaked. Please tell me - is what I am going through normal or should I call my doctor?

Thanks,
Amanda

Old 03-26-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
(female)

rounsy222 HB User
Re: 19 weeks - kicking question

I had days where I would feel him and days without. At this time they still have alot of room to move around so he may be in a spot where you just dont feel him. To do some tests you can lay on your left side and drink something cold or like OJ. It usually does the trick. If your still concerned call the doc. Good luck
Meg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

I was wondering the same thing actually...well i am 23 weeks..i couldnt feel fetal movements from inside til i was like 21 weeks and for like a week, he was verry active but for the past few days ive barely felt him move at all..some days, not even once so i was curious about that also.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
(female)

ShanaLeigh HB User

The same thing happened to me earlier in my pregnancy. My doctor told me it was totally normal, and then after week 28 or so, you should feel baby move every day. I would call your doctor though just for reassurance, I did, and nothing anyone told me made me feel at ease until my doctor told me it was totally normal. Good luck

Old 03-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

You haven't done anything wrong!!!! I was about 20 weeks with my first when I had a serious freak out. I could feel my baby every single day no problem for about a week or two and then suddenly one day, nothing!!! I waited and waited, poked my tummy, jiggled it, drank cold water, looked on the net and called my OB. It was so scary. I started bawling at work and all the girls were worried about me because I was so worried and upset. I called my family doc and they got me in right away. I left work and went straight to the Doctors. As soon as he put the doppler on my tummy we heard the strong h/b pounding away. It would fade away and disappear and come back again. Doc said the baby was moving all over the place and flipping around but I couldn't feel a thing!!!
At this early in the game there is no reason to worry, most likely the baby is facing your back so all the movements are being absorbed by your internal organs.
If you are worried enough about it like I was, call the Doc and get them to use the doppler! It will give you instant relief!
Let us know when you feel the baby again! I'm thinking you may have already!

Old 03-26-2006, 11:20 PM   #6
(female)

amandab_nyc HB User

Thanks so much everyone. You all made me feel so much better. I've felt 2 tiny kicks tonight so I am feeling better. Just uber-paranoid new mom syndrome!

Closed Thread