It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Question water breaking question??

Hi!! I am 38 weeks and was wondering if it is possible to have your water break and you just not know it?? Has this happened to anyone?
I lost the first of my mucous plug about 2 weeks ago then i lost a HUGE blob of it on Tuesday night. I also lost tiny little pieces of it today. I have been feeling SUPER wet down there for a couple of days, more than usual, and its a very clear very watery discharge that has no smell whatsoever and is not sticky or anything like that. Well today I have had a TON of that watery discharge. I feel like im constantly soaked. I have also had MAJOR nesting today so maybe all the moving around is also contributing to that discharge?
What does it feel like when your water breaks? I have a doctor appt on Tues and if this continues then i will be calling him tomorrow. I have also heard of women leaking urine, could this be it even though it does not smell or look like urine?
TIA for any advice. Pregnancy is so confusing!!! Thanks ladies and take care!!

Old 03-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
(female)

Mommyof3under4 HB User
Re: water breaking question??

Most docs say that if you can fill a pad in an hour, then you should come in, they can very easily tell if is amniotic fluid or not, Is it heavier leakage when you are laying down? Sometimes it may stop leaking when you are sitting or standing, because the baby's head acts like a cork....I would get it checked out, just to be on the safe side....Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2006, 05:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

I've heard that amniotic fluid does have a smell to it. Apparently it is very sweet smelling as oppose to urine which is a little bitter. If it has no scent it could just be an increase in vaginal discharge which does happen near the end of pregnancy. I had to wear pantiliners in the last month of my previous pregnancy because I always felt "wet" down there. It definitely wasn't my water as they had to break it to put me in labour when I was 41.4 wks along. If you are concerned however, do not hesitate to go to your OB/Doc and have them decide if it's something to be concerned with. It is possible to have a small leak but if this is the case, you should be watched closely to keep infection away from your baby!

Old 03-26-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

Well I went into L&D just to check things out. Apparently it is NOT amniotic fluid, its just normal discharge. The nurse said I would have to deal with this likely until she is born and just to wear a pad. But I really dont think its "normal" to actually FEEL the fluid leaking out of you, is it? Because the whole time i was laying there I could actually feel it leak out and drip on the pad beneath me. TMI sorry She also checked with the ph balance strip and she said it did not change the color of the paper AT ALL, and that if it was amniotic fluid it would have turned dark. Well I took a few strips home just to have in case something like this were to come up again, I did two of them and both turned dark immediately. So now I really dont know what to think. All I know is that the "fluid" is definately not enough to fill a pad in one hour but it is definately there nonetheless. I think i will just see how things go by tomorrow morning and if need be I will call my doctor and see what he wants to do. Thanks for the fast responses. I actually think that maybe it is just an increase in discharge and maybe Im just hoping its my water so i can get this show on the road!!LOL!! Oh well. thanks and take care!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 03:10 AM   #5
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

I have this too and its really annoying. My undies are awefuly wet and icky. The only thing getting me through is my pads im using. I know how you feel and im assuming like me its just the discharge but if it makes you feel better go in and see your doc.
Meg

Closed Thread