It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction

Hi ladies...I'm the one that can't stop complaining about this horribly thing that happens to some pregnant women!
I just thought I would mention that it happens in 1/35 women, not 1 in 600 !! I'm not sure why the numbers are so different but it makes sense that it would be more common.
I am going to my OB tomorrow morning and will find out what my options are for having this baby. Hopefully there is still a chance for a natural delivery but with this condition, I just don't know what's going to happen.
Just thought I would bring this up to the whole board as I'm sure there is more women who will be experiencing this.
My main complaint is snapping and slipping of the pelvis when I walk and especially when I turn over in bed. I cry out in pain and find it very difficult to get out of bed and start walking. My pubic bone feels like it's going snap in half - although essentially it already has...

Old 03-27-2006, 06:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Re: Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction

Baby #2,
Thanks for the information and I am really sorry to hear that you have to deal with this. It is already a pain towards the end of just about most of us to flip over in bed or when we are laying down and yet you have to deal with it then and when you walk. You have my sympathy and I hope everything works out for you. I know you are due later in the month of April, do you think you will have to wait that long? Have the doctors/midwifes said anything about having the baby earlier?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
(female)

**Peaches** HB User

Wow - I just discovered this condition today upon searching the net. Here's how I described my pain to my husband yesterday: it feels like a combination of the way you feel a day after horseback riding, and as if someone kicked me square on my pelvic bone. Plus my butt bones hurt - not my tailbone, but the bones that are in the middle of your butt cheeks. I'm going to mention it when I see my Dr. next week, and I am 27 weeks along. Do you think it sounds like SPD is a possibility for me? Or is this just normal pregnancy pains? It's much worse after walking. I went grocery shopping Fri. nite for 1.5 hours, and Sat. morning was very sore. It's also very difficult for me to roll over in bed, and doing so often results in what seems to be my hips popping. You? How would you describe your pain?

Last edited by **Peaches**; 03-27-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

It sounds like it could be SPD. The pain has been increasing for a few weeks now and is to the point where it literally feels like my pubic bone (right in front and under the baby) is being crushed or something. It's horrible. I also have the pains at the back of the butt. Not the tailbone, beside it on either side. My hips snap and pop like flippin' rice krispies everytime I try to roll over as well. Walking when I first stand up is nearly impossible and all day it is sore to walk or go up or down stairs. I can literally feel my pelvis bones shifting around. Also, I have pain on the very upper thigh, more on my right side than my left.
Your discomfort and pain may stop here and you may not get the full effects of it... boy I hope you don't have it.
My OB told me today it is quite common and more likely in a second time Mom. I told him I was done with this one! 2 boys is good enough for me!
Natural delivery is possible and expected, at least by my OB and he will NOT induce until I'm 40 and 1/2 weeks. So, unless I go naturally early, I won't be having my beanie until April 30th or so. That's another 5 bloody weeks!
I don't think my poor body can wait that long!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread