It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User
Swelling and discomfort in groin

I am 31w3d and for the last week or so I have problems with discomfort in my groin area. Mostly where your underwear sits in against your legs and then in towards and including my labia. Initially I thought it was poor fitting underwear but then I wore a pair that were like boxer briefs and therefore didn't rub there at all. It was pretty bad that day too. When I looked (with a mirror) the area between my legs and labia is very red with a pale line right on the muscle (well I think it is a muscle there!!!). My labia are pretty puffy at the outer area and the inner area is really discoloured...almost purple-ish blue. I had none of this with ds other than the pain caused by his head pressing down. Is this normal? Is it a problem? Any suggestions, besides soft gel ice packs to help?
Thanks

Old 03-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User
Re: Swelling and discomfort in groin

hi jordyn
i don't know if this helps but towards the end of my pg about 34 weeks till the end at 36 weeks i was swollen down there and sore on the edge of my labia. it corrected itself after i had ds i thinkit is all the hormones and increased blood supply to that area. i put some barrier cream sudocreme to help with the soreness sometimes it helpedsometimes it didn't. good luck for some relief just think you are nearly there your little one will soon be here take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

Jodie - that doesn't sound pleasant at all!!?? I didn't realize the extent of your pain. It sounds like the blood is pooling there and causing severe swelling. I'm thinking this is something you should have your midwife look at. Isn't it fun!! The things we put ourselves through and deal with to have a baby... good thing it's women and not men... they wouldn't be able to handle it I don't think.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
(female)

jamieleigh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby#2
Jodie - that doesn't sound pleasant at all!!?? I didn't realize the extent of your pain. It sounds like the blood is pooling there and causing severe swelling. I'm thinking this is something you should have your midwife look at. Isn't it fun!! The things we put ourselves through and deal with to have a baby... good thing it's women and not men... they wouldn't be able to handle it I don't think.

Could you just imagine - a man going through this - i thought about that and thought about how my dh wines about the slightest bump and bruise - thank goodness they dont have to go through - this - I really dont think i could handle taking care of a pregnant man

Old 03-28-2006, 05:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jordyn HB User

Thanks ladies...for the laughs if for nothing else. Today it is better....but then again I am sitting, wearing big a$$ granny panties and it is the start of another day. I think I will get my midwife to check it out next time I am there...although that isn't till April 10 or so. I am finding going 'cammando' as dh puts it helps. Maybe I'll just wear his boxers for awhile!!!

Closed Thread