It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
(female)

MoralyChallengd HB User
I think I have an ectopic pregnancy

Someone please tell me the symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy..I have PCOS and get ovary pain from time to time, but this time it was unbearable for 3 days then a week later I bled for 2-3 days straight then had heavy spotting 2-3 times a day for 2-3 days...Nor did I have the brownish discharge one normally gets at the end of her period, instead it was pink and still is and each time I spotted my ovaries hurt for a moment or two.

Ive also had a yeast infection for months that I was too embarassed to deal with and recognize because it is my first and I alway keep myself clean, which was a foolish mistake on my half, could that cause any pain or bleeding?

Ive also been urinating frequently but its weird, sometimes its very frequent, sometimes its almost normal..And my mood has been radical for the passed 2 weeks...THeres so many reasons what this could be..but Im thinking it might be an ectopic pregnancy...If it is, is there any hope at all of saving it?

OH...and I can never go by when my period is due, PCOS makes its always irregular and unexpected...I have always gotten my period in the mornings as I wake though, never once in my life did I in the middle of the day until now...I dont know if it really was a period or not.

Help? Any info on any of these subjects would help

Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: I think I have an ectopic pregnancy

Hi -

These are the symptoms of an ectopic that you asked for......

If the fetus implants in a Fallopian tube, it can grow for only a few weeks until it has stretched the tube as much as it can stretch. It is this stretching of the tube that causes increasing pain. It hurts a little at first, either on the right or the left if of your abdomen, then the pain increases (like an appendix can hurt). In a matter of hours or a few days it would hurt so bad you could not ignore it and would want go to your doctor or to the ER immediately. If the tube ruptures, the bleeding would be mostly inside and would increase the pain, make you feel faint, and there is real danger of bleeding too much, infection, and death unless you get to the hospital. It does not go away or get better without medical help. It's better to get help before it ruptures as the bleeding associated with a rupture can cause later fertility problems. The treatment is usually surgery to remove the stretched tube and fetus.

Sadly, the fetus from an ectopic cannot be put into the uterus and continue to grow.

You can still become pregnany from the remaining tube.

If you are 8 weeks along, it's unlikely that you have an ecoptic pregnancy.

You need to see your doctor, get treated for that yeast infection, and perhaps get a blood test to see it you're really pregnant.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread