It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 11:27 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User
Stats on miscarriage

I just found out that I'm pregnant following my first IUI (done on 3/11).

My hcg level was 1158 approx 16 dpo.

My nurse said I didn't need to do anohter hcg test since my level was so high. I have an ultrasound set for 4/10. My nurse seemed excited but she cautioned me that there was a chance of an early miscarriage (generally, she didn't think I had any signs of one...she thought my level looked good).

What is the likelihood that I would have a miscarriage? I'm almost 33 and never had a miscarriage before. I'm afraid to be too excited in case of miscarriage.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 07:16 AM   #2
(female)

DDB HB User
Re: Stats on miscarriage

I believe the likelihood of miscarriage is 15-20% of known pregnancies.

I feel exactly the same as you, afraid to get too excited because of the possibility of miscarriage. We're trying not to talk about it or plan too much and haven't told many people yet just in case. It's so difficult though! We're trying to stay positive but also realistic about the possibility of a miscarriage.

Best of luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 08:22 AM   #3
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

First off congrats,
Second im sure you would know if you have a infertility issue that may cause you to be high risk for miscarriage. I got pregnant with my second IuI so you were pretty luck already. There are certain time frames I went by that helped me get through that tough miscarriage time. The odds of having a misscarriage after the heartbeat starting goes down alot and then again around 9 weeks and again almost all miscarriges come before the end of the first trimester. But the thing is you really cant control it so try not to stress and be happy your pregnant. You numbers are good and she probably only said that because they probably always do. Too me I wish they wouldnt be so forthcoming with info.

When are you due? Nov or Dec?
Meg

Old 03-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
(female)

marie81 HB User

I just wanted to say congrats!!!!! I also got my BFP from my first IUI. My hcg level was 117 at 14dpiui. I am now 33wks. Your number is awesome. Try not to worry. I know easier said than done lol. Let us know how your u/s goes.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

Thanks everyone for all the info!!!

I'm not sure of my due date. My first u/s is on 4/10. The nurse said I'm techincally 4 weeks pregnant, though the IUI was on 3/11 so it seems that I'm less than 4 weeks...I guess they just count from the LMP???

I will try not to obessess about miscarriage because I know it is out of my control.

Thanks again for your posts!

Old 03-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #6
(female)

marie81 HB User

Yep they count from your LMP.

Closed Thread