It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
kind of gross but worried..

This might sound kind of gross but i am worried...its happened 2 times in the past like week and a half-2 weeks..i was laying on the couch and i would get a little sick, then about 10 minutes later by stomach would hurt VERY bad..i mean i couldnt move any part of my body, not even my hands or head or anything and i couldnt talk even cuz it was so painful..then about 15-20 minutes later i would get diarrhea and it would get rid of the pain a little bit but definitely not all the pain and my stomach would make crazy noises..like its growling but i swear u could hear from another room, its very loud and it doesnt hurt as bad the next day but the noises are still there..im worried about what this is because i have never experienced anything like this ever before. and when i think about labor pains, i dont know if i can handle it cuz i couldnt handle these pains..i was at my boyfriends house both times and i had to leave cuz they hurt so bad and went home at 4am then 12am..im scared of this happening when i go into labor too and im gonna be sitting on the toilet the whole time and my family and bf are gonna be in the room..and ahh i dunno what to think..any advice??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: kind of gross but worried..

Sara - How far along are you now? When I was between 12 and 26 wks or so I would get these unbearable pains in my bowels (thought I was losing the baby) and would literally feel like I was dying. I couldn't stand up straight and cried the whole time. Usually they lasted up to a half an hour and then soon after I would have to have a bowel movement. I don't recall the sounds but that could very well be because I was so engrossed in what I was feeling. I talked to my Doctor and he said this is not uncommon in pregnancy and that your whole digestive system is changing and being pushed around. He recommended every day I have 1cup of apple juice or sauce mixed with a tablespoon of Bran and a little prune juice (add cinnamon to flavour). This is suppose to keep the bowels moving well and keep the pains to a minimum. I found this worked pretty good.
If it gets worse, see your Doc! Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2006, 01:37 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

I am 24 weeks pg. i never experienced this til about 2 weeks ago. I was so scared that the baby died or was going to die cuz i didnt feel as if it were in the bowels it was all belly pain and it was absolutely horrible. im glad im not the only one this has happened to because it really freaked me out. Do you think this will go away then or continue throughout the pregnancy?

Old 03-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

I know what you mean... it didn't feel like bowel pain at all. I honest to god thought I was losing the baby. I called my dh crying and told him to meet me at the hospital the first time it happened! It hurt so bad...
I think if you try to eat more fiber and try that drink I suggested you may notice it will go away. It doesn't feel like it's bowel but I'm positive it is! If it's making noises it definitely is because there is no way your uterus or baby can growl like that!!!!
Try not to worry and drink lots and lots of water!!! It may continue but just be aware of what it is and that your little one is just fine! Listening away to all the noises in there!

Old 03-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

Same thing happened to me around 24 weeks but mine would hit when I was sleeping and it would wake me up.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:21 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

HI

I know exactly what you mean. I have expereinced this about 3 times in the past few weeks (I am at 16 weeks.)Everything you all have said about feeling like dying, baby not well, insides going to explode, yet nothing happening on the toilet until hours later. The first time I was up all night, crying and ready to go to ER, though I didn't think I could sit in the car that long to get there. I ended up calling out of work since I didn't sleep.

My doc said could be dehydration and urged me to drink up to a gallon of fluid every day! I have been feeling better since dowining the fluid, but still not up to a gallon. Also, I realized milk and spicy sauces just DO NOT AGREE right now. I have been getting RICE DREAM for my cereal. The milk just turns my stomach. So does pudding, ice cream etc. I wouldn't recommend taking a lot of fiber if you are having diarrea it can make it worse.

Ok enough of this topic. I am glad I am not the only one, and hope everyone feels better soon.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

Yes, those bowels can feel like you're going into labor. I can relate.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:19 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

There are websites out there that have anecdotes from lots of pregnant women about all of the embarassing things that have happended to them over their 10 month adventure. Dont' feel bad -- it seems to happen to everyone!

Closed Thread