It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User
NEW: August Mommy Thread

I was catching up with everyones posts and noticed that our thread was closed for being too long so I figured I'd go ahead and get the new one started!
I hope all is well with everyone!
Someone had asked who was able to feel the baby move and I am currently 19 weeks and have been able to feel little kicks/movements for about 2 weeks now, it is the neatest feeling in the world when you finally realize that's what it is! Now dh is just waiting for his turn.
Has anyone bought one of those home heartbeat detectors, so that you can listen to the babies heartbeat whenever you want? Dh bought one but it said on the package that we may not hear anything with until 20ish weeks. If any of you have one, what has been your experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
(female)

alston1 HB User
Re: NEW: August Mommy Thread

I hope all is well with everyone too!
I have been able to feel the baby move since 15 weeks and I am now 18 weeks. The doctors say my baby is very active especially when my stomach is being touched. I have a home heartbeat detector and it works very well. It's hard to find the heartbeat, but when you get it you'll know! I would think as time goes by it'll be easier to hear. A friend of mine had it and she thought the same about it. Don't be worried if you don't hear anything. Babies heartbeat today was 161! I'm getting more excited as the days go by.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 12:26 PM   #3
(female)

History HB User

Hi,

Im just now starting to feel better. Im 18wks and hoping that this is a start of a new beginning for me. I been feeling nausea for weeks now and its not the best feeling in the world, you know. Anyway I go for an ultrasound soon and I can't wait. I want to know what I'm having and I want to make sure he/she is ok. You guys are so right it feels amazing feeling your lil' one move. This is my second but its been 7yrs and its all new again. I couldnt believe how much my baby was moving now I sit and wait for my lil miracle to move all the time now. I am going to get the heartbeat monitor to keep track so Im EXCITED about that. Well I wish EVERYONE A HEALTHY pregnancy. Can't wait to share stories its going to make the time go faster.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:20 AM   #4
(female)

Safc-Chick HB User

I'm 20 wks today half way through for me, I've been able to feel the baby for 2 weeks today.

I go for my scan on the 19th of this month and I will find out if its a boy or a girl, I was really excited but now I'm not so sure I wanna know lol

Old 04-01-2006, 07:23 AM   #5
(female)

Faythey HB User

I know what you mean safc-chick, I went in yesterday to find out and right as we were driving up I was wanting to just turn around and go home.

But then the sonographer told me it was a boy and my heart just melted. (yay, its a boy!!) They also told us that the baby is a week ahead, so I'm actually due July 31st now. It was really fun to be able to watch the baby move on the screen and then I could feel him kicking. I wish they did ultrasounds more routinely. I think I could have layed there on the table for ages just watching. I guess thats why Tom Cruise invested in his own...

Old 04-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

tglenn HB User

Oh don't you wish you had Tom Cruise's $$$$$$$ so that you could buy a u/s machine! Wouldn't that be nice! I'm 20 weeks today so half way there and I realized that last night and got this overwhelming feeling of excitement and then fear! I really don't know what I'm afraid of, I guess just the unknown of the whole delivery process and then the weeks after that for recovery. This is my first so I don't know what to expect at all! Anyone else feeling that way!
Hope all is well!

Old 04-04-2006, 07:08 AM   #7
(female)

Faythey HB User

I think everyday my little emotional rollercoaster begins again. This is my first as well, and all the advice i've gotten so far is how difficult everything will be from now on.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Najbia Shariq HB User

Faythey this is my second pregnancy. With my first every one kept telling me how difficult everything would be....it's all a bunch of garbage. If you are wise with your NB and take care of yourself there is noting difficult. With my daughter she was sleeping throughout the night at 1 month and would wake up early morning for her feed. I still got great sleep, until now. She can talk some and she gets out of her crib so there is no holding her back on the weekends when we are all home LOL. She is 19 months. Anyway what I am trying to say it's great....not as hard as you think it is..only listen to advice that makes you feel good not the bad ones Oh and I find out what I am having this Friday YEAH!

Old 04-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

Hey ladies, I guess others are flowing here to. I posted in the other August thread. Not sure which one is more official, so I'll re say what I said again here...

"Hello all. My name is Jess and I'm an Aug. mommie to be. This is my frist preg. and my due date is Aug. 31, 2006. We have an appt. to find out boy or girl on April 7th. So far so good, I'm officially 18 weeks (19 on the 6th). First trimester... no morning sickness to the point of throwing up, just occasional wooziness. Second trimester has actually been harder on me. I haven't been sleeping well, hardly at all, and I'm concerned about my weight gain. At my last visit a month ago, I'd gained 16 pounds. Starting my preg. at 135, which brings me to 151. *Sighs*... I'm not concerned about being big, it's inevitable, but I am concerned about pre-eclamsia and just gaining an unhealthy amount. Has anyone else gained like me? I keep reading things like "I'm 26 weeks and have gained 7 pounds...".

Also, I was feeling movement at least once a day for a few weeks and now nothing, why is my baby hidding from me? Lol."

We went for our drs. appt. today, heard the heartbeat. It was 152. It scared my BF, the baby was running from the doppler!

Side note: And I gained another 10 pounds since last month! I feel horriable about the number, but all my clothes still fit me properly. Dr. just said to exercise more. Does any one think this could also be swelling?

Hope everyone had a great day!
Jess

Old 04-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #10
(female)

Lin73 HB User
Smile Re: NEW: August Mommy Thread

Hi August mommies! I am new here. My name is Linda, I am a 33 yr old single mommy to be! I am currently 19 weeks pregant with my first baby and I am due Aug 28th! I will hopefully find out the sex of my baby next week. I am very anxious. So far it has been smooth sailing for me. Not too big now but I'm waiting for the big explosion!
My babies daddy and I broke up in January and I found out after the fact that I was pregant. He is currently seeing someone and says he wants to be involved but yet doesn't show much interest yet. We are not on bad terms, we just don't talk much. He is such an idiot and just doesn't get it.
Anyway, I don't think I have felt my baby move yet. Sometimes I think I do but I'm not sure. Is it unusual to not feel it yet? It scares me a bit.
Anyway if anyone wants to chat or is in the same boat as I, feel free to drop me a reply. Let me know about the lack of movement too.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Old 04-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #11
(female)

Faythey HB User

Chasing,
When i went for my last US the baby was running from that! I've been thinking that he was not too happy being poked and proded and exposed.

Lin,
Too bad about your ex. He wont understand until later how much he's missing.

When i first felt movement i tried to describe it to my mom and friends who've had babies and most of them told me it was just gas or something. But they were so wrong! I could see if on the US AND feel it. If you think its the baby moving, then it probably is.

I guess you should feel the kicks first between 17 and 23 weeks. Earlier for second timers and women with a smaller frame.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

We had our sonogram!! 19wks1d, 13oz baby boy!

Old 04-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Najbia Shariq HB User

JUST CAME BACK FROM MY ULTRASOUND. WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER BOUNCING BABY GIRL !!!!!! I am so excited and so is my husband. We were thinking of names right there. Maybe Duniya (doon-e-ya) which means world in our language. We are still thinking. Well I'm at the end of my 22nd week. Feel so big, starting to swell. I'm keeping away from all of the salt. I can feel my little one moving around much more these days. What about everyone else....Are the movements getting stronger? Well I wish everyone a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:24 AM   #14
(female)

Faythey HB User

Congrats to both of you!

And yes, the movements are getting much stronger. Sometimes if i'm in the wrong position its actually a little painful. But if I start talking or singing he'll stop, or at least slow down.

It feels like everything is happening a little fast now, anyone else feel this way?

Old 04-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User

*BUMP*

Hope everyone is doing well. We've picked a name, Connor Harrison (and I'll keep our last name private)... and he's finally starting to move again!!

Love,
Jess

*Edited for grammer.

Last edited by misip; 04-10-2006 at 10:15 PM.

Closed Thread