It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
(female)

mcbloat HB User
has anyone ever gotten a false negative pregnancy blood test?

My last period was on Jan 8. I took a hpt around the second week of Feb... it was negative. I thought maybe I was stressed. Now in Mar, still no period... so I took another hpt 2 weeks ago... it was negative. Then I went to the doc this past Monday... they did a blood test... it was negative. How accurate are pregnancy blood tests? I guess the odds are I'm not pregnant... what could be wrong. I have no pain in my stomach but I'm very bloated... it feels like my period is coming... and my breasts are very tender... more tender than they have ever been... but still no period yet. I am also retaining water in my feet and ankles. The doc seems to think I am consuming too much salt in my diet ... so I have been watching my sodium intake.

What could be wrong... it all started with retaining water in my feet and ankles in Dec around Christmas time... had my period in Dec & Jan... doc put me on diuretic in Jan... no period in Feb but had symptoms that it was coming... bloated ... but no period... in early Mar had symptoms period was coming... bloated but no period... now for the last 2 weeks I am very bloated... stomach is very swollen... and breasts are super tender... but still no period... I did stop taking the diuretic at one point but that shouldn't affect my period... I have noticed that my weight has gone up about 15 pounds... all of my pants are starting to get tight.

Any ideas about what could be wrong?
I'm 31, never been on birth control, periods have always been regular.

Last edited by mcbloat; 03-29-2006 at 05:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: has anyone ever gotten a false negative pregnancy blood test?

Maybe a second opinion is needed? Doesn't necessarily sound like you are pregnant (due to the tests), but something else is definitely going on with you. Find a different doc who will listen to you.

Closed Thread