It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User
Exclamation Mild Cramps/Pain = Miscarriage???

I just learned I was pregnant this week (I'm 4 weeks pregnant).

The last couple of days, I've had mild cramps/pain that lasts only about a minute. This happened about once per day.

Is this a possible sign of miscarriage or is it just normal pregnancy pains??

I didn't have any bleeding and the pain is pretty mild.

I'm getting worried because some stuff on the internet says cramps may be a sign of miscarriage.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 03-29-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Re: Mild Cramps/Pain = Miscarriage???

Hi Nancy!
first of all congrats on your pregnancy!!!!! As for the crampiness I think it is just a normal part of pregnancy. I had it for quite a few weeks after getting my BFP and it felt like i was going to start my period any minute. There were even a few times where I ran to the bathroom just KNOWING I was going to see blood!LOL!! Most likely it is just your body adjusting to the pregnancy and hormones and also your uterus starting to stretch and adjust also. I am now 38 weeks pregnant so as you can see I didnt have a m/c. However if you start to bleed bright red blood or the pains get worse I would definately go to the ER. You should also let your doctor know at your first pg appt and let him know that you are worried. Good luck and congratulations!!!!! Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
(female)

81BABY HB User

Hey Nanc
I'm also 4 weeks pregnant and also have cramps through out the day, which are kind of painful. I remember I also had them with my first pregnancy but forgot how long it lasted. I talked to my friend and asked her about it, when she was pregnant she was cramping until 5 months of pregnancy. So its normal. And congrats!

Old 03-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

Don't worry, dear. I've had cramps throughout my pregnancy from the very beginning.
You'll often be told to rest and drink LOTS of water.

Take care.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

I have had 3 early m/c's. With the first two I had severe cramping accompanied by heavy bleeding. With the third I had mild cramping for over a week then I began bleeding. The dr. thought the cramping was normal b/c it can very well be. But for me it was not. I had a history of early miscarriage so I should have known better.

Have your HCG Levels tested if you haven't already. Then test them again 48-72 hours later. They should at least double. I have this done every time I receive a positive test result. With the miscarriages my HCG levels never doubled. They either always lingered or decreased.

Good luck to you.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

nancy30 HB User

Thanks so much for the posts....I feel a lot better now.

I had my HCG level tested 16 days post ovulation and it was 1158. My doctor said it was so high, I did not need to get it tested again. Hopefully, he's right.

So far, my only real symptom is just that my nipples are sore. I also feel tired but I kind of always been a tired person so it's hard to tell if this is just normal or pregnancy. I guess it's too early to have tons of symptoms???

Old 03-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #7
(female)

angel_of_faith HB User

I am now 6 weeks pregnant and I have mild cramping too...that was one main thing I was worried about but the dr. said it was normal...I don't feel as bad now...I just can't wait to be in the 3 month along safe zone...seems like it's taking forever LOL...good luck and congrats on your pregnancy

Old 03-31-2006, 07:33 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

nancy I think your HCG was high too. Mine was never that high it always was below 600 if even that high. I think that's a good sign. Just keep an eye on the pain if it gets worse or you see any blood call the dr. immediately good luck.

Closed Thread