It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User
Stopping labor - my story!

Just sharing my little story so that maybe it'll benefit someone!

This evening I had painful contractions for an hour so my husband came home
and I was still having them despite rest and drinking water. So, we called the doctor and I went into the hospital. I wasn't dialated, but I was still having contractions (total of 4 hours worth). They gave me a shot to stop them because I'm only 35 weeks along. The shot gave me the shakes and a panic attack, but it worked. So, after that and a lot of water drinking, they let me go home. The only thing is that I had blood in my urine with no signs of infection and the nurses didn't know why. Kind of strange, isn't it?

So, anyway, the moral of the story is don't be afraid to call your doctor or go into the hospital to get checked. (And my husband said CALL HIM SOONER!!!).

Old 03-31-2006, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: Stopping labor - my story!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

We hope all is well and that you can hold out a few more weeks to give your little one time to get a bigger head!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

LOL! A bigger head... that's cute. I'm worried. I have painful contractions every day now, just a few in a row and very sporadic. Nothing like that night. I think the baby dropped, but I'm not sure. They'll be doing an ultrasound Wednesday because they think she's big, so we'll see what's going on. All I know is that at 35.5 weeks, I am miserable. Not meaning to complain, just a fact. The baby
is stretching me SO MUCH and my lower back is about to give in!!!! Ah, the sweet sorrows of pregnancy.

Old 04-01-2006, 05:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

My doc suggested a maternity belt to me since I just had back surgery a few months ago. It is supposed to help lift the baby some and take some of the pressure off of your back.

While looking at maternity clothes online I saw some for sale -- seemed to be $25-30.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

I'm wearing a maternity belt. It helps with the pressure, but it doesn't help my
back. Oh well. Not too much longer now.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

Glad they got your labor stopped. I had PTL, too, and was given a medicine called Ritadrine - it stopped the labor, but made my heart pound so hard that the bed shook, and I was crying, couldn't stop, and wasn't upset or sad. It was awful! I told the nurses that they should give drugs to knock you out before you get Ritadrine!!

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 04-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

Barbara, I don't remember the name of what they gave me, but it made me shake and sweat and I became clausterphobic. It was probably the same thing!

I've been having intense random contractions all day, but they aren't regular enough to call the doc.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi again,

Intense contractions with your history or PTL may warrent a call to the doctor. You could be dilating and not know it as the contractions aren't regular to let you know it's labor. Who was it here that got to 5cm without a clue (lucky!!)?

Even at nighttime, it's better to call and get an answer. Your doctor may want to see you sooner than the next appointment.

Good luck! Barbara

Old 04-02-2006, 01:29 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paet HB User

Well, I finally slept all night with no contractions. *yay!* I see my doc this week. They'll check me out!

Closed Thread