It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 03:35 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User
August Mommies

HI Ladies!

Starting a new thread for us since our other one was
so HUGE!

Hope all Mommie's are doing wonderful!
Lisa

Old 04-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

misip HB User
Re: August Mommies

Hello all. My name is Jess and I'm and Aug. mommie to be. This is my frist preg. and my due date is Aug. 31, 2006. We have an appt. to find out boy or girl on April 7th. So far so good, I'm officially 18 weeks (19 on the 6th). First trimester... no morning sickness to the point of throwing up, just occasional wooziness. Second trimester has actually been harder on me. I haven't been sleeping well, hardly at all, and I'm concerned about my weight gain. At my last visit a month ago, I'd gained 16 pounds. Starting my preg. at 135, which brings me to 151. *Sighs*... I'm not concerned about being big, it's inevitable, but I am concerned about pre-eclamsia and just gaining an unhealthy amount. Has anyone else gained like me? I keep reading things like "I'm 26 weeks and have gained 7 pounds...".

Also, I was feeling movement at least once a day for a few weeks and now nothing, why is my baby hidding from me? Lol.

Oh well, I hope eveyone is well!

Love,
Jess

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

Welcome Jess!
Ask your dr about your weight gain and the possibility of preclampsia - although, I'm sure you're okay. In my latest Pregnancy magazine issue, it said don't worry about your weight, just make sure you are being healthy. Are you drinking lots of fluids?

Good luck on April 7th! Not too far away now! We found out on March 20th that we were having a little girl! I've been on cloud 9 ever since! And so has DH! We have an OB appt and I'm anxious to hear her precious heartbeat and to know everything is fine.

Sometimes I think I feel her and then other times I don't think that I do ...so I'll be VERY happy when I can feel her enough to know that it is really her.

Take care!
Lisa

Old 04-04-2006, 06:15 AM   #4
(female)

Faythey HB User

I know what you mean about the hiding baby! Some days i can feel this little guy playing soccer or something, and other days its like he took some Tylenol PM and is out for the day. From what I've read, its completely normal. Since the baby is still fairly small, it has plently of room to move about. So sometimes you'll feel the kicks, othertimes not so much.

As for the weight gain, i had a big problem my first 2 months and had gained like 10 pounds. But then i starting eating healthy (instead of everything I could get my hands on) and even though I was eating constantly, I actually lost a bit of weight. So, now I'm 23 weeks and I think i've gained about 6 or 7 pounds. As long as you're eating healthy, and eating enough, you should be fine. And fluids are very very important.

Good luck on the 7th!

And congrats Mommawannabee! A girl, thats wonderful! We're having a boy, and everytime I see something blue i try to buy it.

Old 04-04-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

Congrats to you Faythey on your little man! I need to quit buying little girlie stuff - our little Mackenzie is going to have more clothes than she's going to be able to wear! I keep forgetting I have a shower coming up! I've already been given some clothes as gifts by my Mom and friends, so I really need to put some reins on my clothes buying for her.

Take care Momma's!
Lisa

Old 04-04-2006, 06:39 AM   #6
(female)

Faythey HB User

I know how you feel about the clothes! My SIL has a 2 year old step-son and shes giving me all his baby clothes, and my DH has a high school friend whos mom kept all his clothes. And here I am buying everything I see...I havent even thought about the shower!

Old 04-04-2006, 06:45 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

mommawannabee HB User

I know!! I just can't help myself though!
I keep thinking, "Well what if what I get from others for her is not as adorable as this?"
I bought her the most adorable outfit for a wedding we're going to in September - its going to be her first BIG outing, so I just had to get the matching bib and hat.

I can't wait till she is here!

Last edited by mommawannabee; 04-04-2006 at 06:46 AM.

Closed Thread