It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

Whoababy HB User
Am I in labor? HELP!

Hello everyone,
I'm 39 1/2 weeks pregnant and I've been having contractions since last night (last night about every 35-45 mins - this morning approx. every 15-20 mins). I also had some brownish spotting?? Does this mean that im in labor or is nature just playing a trick on me? I've never had this type of pain - it makes me stop and lean to the front because it hurts (but it's still bearable) - it feels like really strong period like cramps. What should I do? I haven't called my doctor yet, when should I do that? Also, how long do you think I have if I am actually in labor? Thanks in advance.. - Casey

Old 03-30-2006, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

laurabelle1317 HB User
Re: Am I in labor? HELP!

If your contractions are regular and getting stronger, then it sounds very much like you could be in the eraly stages of labor. There's no telling how long these early stages will last though. You generally gon't need to call your Dr until your contractions are 5 minutes apart consistently for more than an hour. They could become 5minutes apart today, or still not for a week! There's no way to know.

Congrats! You will be holding your precious little one very soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 07:03 AM   #3
(female)

misguideddream HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoababy
Hello everyone,
I'm 39 1/2 weeks pregnant and I've been having contractions since last night (last night about every 35-45 mins - this morning approx. every 15-20 mins). I also had some brownish spotting?? Does this mean that im in labor or is nature just playing a trick on me? I've never had this type of pain - it makes me stop and lean to the front because it hurts (but it's still bearable) - it feels like really strong period like cramps. What should I do? I haven't called my doctor yet, when should I do that? Also, how long do you think I have if I am actually in labor? Thanks in advance.. - Casey
Labor and contractions are different for everyone. I had worries and frustration about labor, wondering what it would feel like, etc. When the time came, it felt like cramps that worsened. Each time I felt a cramp, I would write down the time. Once I noticed the cramps were coming every 4-5 minutes, I went to the hospital.

Good luck!

Old 03-30-2006, 08:11 AM   #4
(female)

jamieleigh HB User

the 5 min apart that has been posted is typical - however - you need to consider how far are you from your hospital? As i am min away my doctor told me that at my first regular contraction to be sure to head in to the hospital - It would be a good idea for you to go ahead and call your doctor and see what he/she perfers you to do. Good luck on your new arrival here soon

Old 03-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

it def does sound like ur in labour cause of the spotting as well, you should be going at any time now! let us know what happens. if ur not in labour id be very surprised.

Closed Thread