It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
(female)

greenjppixie HB User
Question How Far Along Am I? So Confused!!

Anyone out there that's good at pregnancy math? I don't know if I'm 5 weeks or 6 weeks. My LMP was 2/21/06. My EDD is 11/28/06. The book I have says that you count from your LMP, which would put me at 6 weeks. But I keep getting conflicting info when I look other places. My midwife scheduled me for an U/S today, b/c of some spotting I was having last week. I want to know what I should expect, but it seems to really depend on how pregnant I really am. This is frustrating!

Old 03-30-2006, 07:09 AM   #2
(female)

misguideddream HB User
Re: How Far Along Am I? So Confused!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjppixie
Anyone out there that's good at pregnancy math? I don't know if I'm 5 weeks or 6 weeks. My LMP was 2/21/06. My EDD is 11/28/06. The book I have says that you count from your LMP, which would put me at 6 weeks. But I keep getting conflicting info when I look other places. My midwife scheduled me for an U/S today, b/c of some spotting I was having last week. I want to know what I should expect, but it seems to really depend on how pregnant I really am. This is frustrating!
Dont be worried about your EDD being a week or 2 off... they usually are! The EDD of my son was 4/9/04 according to my LMP, but the u/s said my EDD was 4/13/04, and he was born on time and healthy on 4/1/04.
EDD's aren't exact, that's why they are ESTIMATED... to give you an idea. Once you get further along, I believe its around 20 weeks or so, your doctor should start measuring your belly to make sure you're measuring on track with how far along you are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2006, 07:13 AM   #3
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

If you go by your lmp you would be in your fifth week. Dont get freaked out if you dont see anything on your scan. There will probably just be an empty sac right now.
Good luck
Meg

Old 03-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Greenjppixie:

We have the exact due date. My lmp was 2/21 also. I am in my fifth week this week.

Melly

Old 03-31-2006, 08:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Here's how it goes:

Pregnancy is 40 weeks long (typically) from your LMP, but is 38 weeks from your ovulation/conception day.

This means that since your LMP was 2/21 your EDD is 11/28. Here are your stats based on your LMP:

Due Date: 11/28/2006
Week: 5+3 days
Month: 2
Trimester: 1
Fetus Age: 3 weeks

For me, I know that I O'd not on CD14 but on CD18, which makes my due date 12/1 instead of 11/28, like your's. So here's my stats:

Due Date: 12/01/2006
Week: 5+0 days
Month: 2
Trimester: 1
Fetus Age: 3 weeks

Since most women don't know their exact O date, doctors use the LMP calculation method to talk about how far along you are.

The other thing that is confusing is to say which week you are in. We are both IN week 6, but we are only 5 weeks pregnant. It's like saying that a baby isn't 1 year old until he has been alive for 365 days. Just be consistent with your terminology and you'll be ok. I just wrote each week in my day planner so I wouldn't get confused anymore.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:16 PM   #6
(female)

shinetype2 HB User

simple put the words baby due date calulator in your search engine when it comes up click on it and entre first day of last period it will tell you when u are due and how preg you r

Closed Thread